Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 20:28

Avro Vulcan XH 558 fliegt wieder!

Wow, die Engländer haben es geschafft.

Die Vulcan fliegt wieder!

Hier das Erstflugvideo!

Hier die website des sky trust!

:thumb: :luxhello: :luxhello:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 20:34

RE: Avro Vulcan XH 558 fliegt wieder!

Schöner Flieger :luxhello: :luxhello: und Klasse Video :thumb: :thumb:
Gruß Klaus

Mein PC:ASUS Max VI / i7-4770K @ 4,5 GHz/GIGABYTE GTX 760 4095 MB / G.Skill 16GB DDR3-1866 / WD Black 1 TB / Sys: 256 GB ForceGS /FSX: 500 GB 840 EVO / TM-Warthog / FSX - ACC / OS: Win 7 64-Bit

Empuries

unregistriert

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 20:35

Auf jeden Fall!! Vielen Dank Peter! :bier:

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 20:36

Die wollen den Flieger auf Airshows fliegen!

Dreimal dürft ihr raten, wer da mal hingeht.......... :rundum: :rundum: :thumb:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Empuries

unregistriert

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 20:52

Wann ist die nächste Flugshow?

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 21:13

Ich denke das wissen die selber noch nicht genau!

Royal Air Tatoo vielleicht??

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 21:28

Ich denke an die ILA, die ist zwar erst am Mai, aaber.... :D

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 21:29

Die Engländer auf der ILA zum ersten mal public??Uiui, da biste aber Optimist!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Balu der Bär« (4. Januar 2008, 21:29)

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 21:43

Ja, feine Sache das mit der Avro. :luxhello:
Da war ein Artikel darüber in der letzten "Klassiker der Luftfahrt " zu lesen

:bier:
Gruß

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 21:49

Zitat

Original von Juergen_LOWW
Ja, feine Sache das mit der Avro. :luxhello:
Da war ein Artikel darüber in der letzten "Klassiker der Luftfahrt " zu lesen

Ja die hab ich auch!

Aber der Sound...::! :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 21:51

Feine Zeitschrift, auch die Flug Revue :respect:

Wir hatten ja 2007 als SSB-Preis ein Jahresabo der "Flug Revue" aussspielen dürfen, mal sehen ob wir heuer die "Klassiker" bekommen können :yes:
Sind ja beim gleichen Verlag

Gruß

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 21:58

Ich lese viel AirInternational, Flying, CombatAircraft und natürlich FR, Aero und FliegerRevue.
Letztere wegen den Beiträgen über die Ost-Luftfahrt!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 5. Januar 2008, 10:30

Hallo

Klasse Flieger. :love:

Vielleicht wir sie ja auf der kommenden Air-Tattoo fliegen.

P.s. Bald kommt von JustFlight die FSX-Version der Vulcan. :thumb:

KLICK
Grüße

Samstag, 15. März 2008, 16:28

Zitat

Mayday Mayday – Vulcan hits turbulence en route to Displays
Avro Vulcan XH558 has run into the headwinds of the current economic conditions.
The return of the aircraft to air displays is at risk of being slowed to a stop because potential sponsors have drawn in their purse strings and are not making available the expected funds. With three month’s work still needed to ready the aircraft and its crew for air displays, the lack of funding to start this last phase is now endangering the return of the Vulcan to the beginning of the airshow season.

“We need to start the rest of the test flight programme with the return of good weather at the beginning of March, but we still have to have £150,000 in our hands before we can do that, plus confidence that we will go on raising at least £50,000 per month after that. Right now we look like we’re going to be starved of funds at this critical moment for the Vulcan. Every week’s delay to the restart from the end of February will push the first display appearance back by another week. What we are asking people for now is a fraction of what we have raised already, but it is needed now!”, says Dr Robert Pleming, Chief Executive of the Vulcan to the Sky Trust.

Having delivered on their promise of August 2006 to put Vulcan XH558 back into the air, on 18th October 2007, Robert Pleming’s loyal team at Bruntingthorpe Airfield, Leicestershire are determined not to fail to meet the public’s expectations of the Vulcan’s return to the air display world this summer.

Over £6million has been spent on returning Vulcan XH558 to flight, of which £2.7million has come from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The rest – the majority – has come from public donations, making XH558 truly the public’s aircraft.

“I’m afraid that if we don’t fly again soon, the door will start to close on the future of the Vulcan in flight. We won’t be able to carry out our role of ‘Honouring the Past, Inspiring the Future’, providing a once-seen, never-forgotten sight to a new generation of youngsters, stimulating interest in design and engineering, and telling people about an important period in our Nations history“, continues Robert Pleming, “With the public’s help, the triumphant return of this much-loved aircraft this summer will become the not-to-be-missed spectacle of the season. But we sincerely hope that companies will also give serious consideration to taking up the sponsorship opportunity of the year.”

Keith Mans, Chairman of the Vulcan to the Sky Trust agrees: “Once again, we are dependent on the goodwill of other people to ensure that XH558, the people’s aircraft, continues to fly. In August 2006, the public responded magnificently to our plea for support, and as the result of the £1.3million donated, XH558 took to the air last October. We are praying that people will rise to the somewhat smaller challenge we now face, and help us by making a donation and/or joining the Club today, to ensure that we are able to keep our promise to give XH558 back to the Nation this summer”

Donations may be sent to VTST, Bruntingthorpe Airfield, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 5QS, By donating online at http://www.vulcantothesky.com or by ‘phone to 0116 247 8145

Companies who want to take advantage of the very real corporate sponsorship opportunities should contact Michael Trotter on 07803 141483.

Quelle

Hoffentlich kriegen die genug Geld zusammen, daß die den Flieger betreiben können!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 15. März 2008, 23:56

Bis jetzt haben sie aber ordentlich was aufstellen können :respect:
Gruß

Sonntag, 16. März 2008, 10:09

Zitat

I’m afraid that if we don’t fly again soon, the door will start to close on the future of the Vulcan in flight.

Ich hoffe nur das die Tür nicht kurz vor dem Ziel zugeht... :hm:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Dienstag, 24. Juni 2008, 19:53

Noch 250000 Ofund!

Von der Sky Trust Website:

Zitat

Dear Supporter

We have completed all known requirements for the grant of the Permit-to-Fly for XH558. We are now waiting to hear from the CAA, through Marshall Aerospace, on the timescale for the Permit, and whether any flying may be permitted in the interim.

I know that expectations amongst you all are literally sky high, but I hope that you won’t ignore the lesson learnt by the Vulcan team through all the long years that this has taken: patience is a necessity – things will take as long as they do.

Our next objective is to be present at the RAF Waddington International Air Show on 5th-6th July; we will update this page when we know whether or not we will achieve this.

As to our funding situation, the last appeal, launched in February with the objective of getting us to the airshow season, achieved its goal, having raised just under £450,000 in three-and-a-half months. Very Many Thanks to all who helped. However to reach today, having flown over twice as many test flights as originally planned, we have used up virtually all of the financial resources currently available to us.

We now require at least £250,000 to continue through to the end of display season, and so we are launching a new appeal, this time to make it through the airshow season and into next year.

Whilst we continue to seek sponsorship to support our goals of “Honouring the Past, Inspiring the Future”, it has become clear to the Trust that, in the current economic conditions, sponsorship cannot be relied upon as the source of the Trust’s core funding. We must instead turn to a much broader base of financial support to ensure that the aircraft is properly maintained and presented to the public in the years ahead.

Those of you who are Friends or Club Members will shortly receive a letter detailing the new scheme. Its aim is to secure the future, through regular small donations from as many of you as possible, and so match the flow of our income to our costs.

:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2008, 08:57

RE: Noch 250000 Ofund!

Bravo, würde sicher der Star dort sein :luxhello:

Gruß

Montag, 30. Juni 2008, 21:44

RE: Noch 250000 Ofund!

Zitat

Original von Juergen_LOWW
Bravo, würde sicher der Star dort sein :luxhello:

Aber hallo! :thumb:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 7. Juli 2008, 04:50

Zitat

Triumphant return for Vulcan XH558!

When Vulcan XH558 left RAF Waddington on 23rd March 1993, many thought that, sadly, it would be the last time she would be seen in Lincolnshire and that she would never return. Thanks to the passion, optimism, determination and commitment of so many people, led by the Chief Executive of the Vulcan to the Sky Trust, Dr Robert Pleming, the aircraft which took to the skies once again in October 2007, will now make an emotional return to appear at the Waddington International Airshow on the 5th and 6th July.

XH558 is today destined to receive its all important “Permit to Fly” from the Civil Aviation Authority and this will allow her to fly to RAF Waddington and to appear on static display at the Show, to be seen by the many thousands who will visit.

XH558 was based at RAF Waddington most recently between 1982 and 1992, but Waddington was also her first RAF home after she was finished by Avro in July 1960. XH558 will receive a special welcome home from both the residents of the County and those who attend the Airshow. Since being purchased from the RAF by C Walton Ltd in 1993, XH558 has been based at Bruntingthorpe Airfield, Leicestershire, where she was kept in running order by a team of dedicated volunteers. XH558 went into the hangar for a technical survey in 1999 to verify whether she could be restored to flight. Following a fundraising campaign that raised £millions including a successful bid for cash to the Heritage Lottery Fund, the extensive and highly complex engineering project commenced in 2005 and was eventually completed in 2007.

Dr Robert Pleming said: “Words cannot fully express what it means to me and all of the team at Vulcan to the Sky to finally see XH558 appear on the airshow circuit once again. It is the culmination of eleven years of effort and is a huge testament to the determination and commitment, not only of our immediate team, but also all of those who have helped along the way. It’s so appropriate, and a real bonus, that XH558’s first public appearance will be at RAF Waddington. I think everyone will find it a very emotional occasion indeed when the Vulcan appears in the skies again above Waddington, and makes her first landing at her home base in some 15 years. All of the hard work that has been put into this unique project is now being rewarded and all of those who have contributed can rightly feel very proud of this achievement.

I want to thank everyone for the tremendous support that we have received since the inception of the project. It mustn’t be forgotten that we would never have been able to reach this point in the rollercoaster history of this unique project without the support of the Heritage Lottery Fund, a number of extremely generous individuals, including most recently Eddie Forrester, Managing Director of Aerobytes, whose latest donation has funded our appearance here at Waddington and which will also ensure our appearances at RIAT at Fairford and Farnborough later this month.

It’s extremely important that I also thank all those many many people who have donated so very generously to enable to us to return this, the ‘People’s Aircraft’, to the public at airshows around the country. Equally importantly, I would also like to acknowledge the huge technical and financial support that has been provided by Marshall of Cambridge Aerospace Ltd, without whose expertise, generosity and commitment we would not be seeing the Vulcan flying.

The Vulcan to the Sky Trust still faces significant challenges in obtaining the ongoing funding required to keep XH558 in the air, and to deliver on our commitments to Educate and Inspire the Young. Our search for commercial sponsorship has yet to bear fruit and this has been a tremendous disappointment to us – the economic climate for sponsorship could not be worse.”

Rusty Drewett, Commercial Manager for Vulcan to the Sky said: “To make this project financially viable we simply have to attract a commercial sponsor. Whilst the search to attract sponsorship continues, we are now also looking at other methods of funding to secure the future of the aircraft, including the introduction of a Standing Order Scheme, enabling individuals to make a small regular monthly payment, which will be used directly to support the aircraft. We know that the public are desperately keen to see the Vulcan and we hope that they will continue to offer their support to enable us to achieve this objective.”

To donate to Vulcan to the Sky visit vulcantothesky.com or call 0116 2478145.

To find out more information about the range of sponsorship opportunities that is available from Vulcan to the Sky, please call Michael Trotter on 07803 141483.

Quelle

Die haben es geschafft, die Zulassung ist da! :thumb: :thumb: :luxhello: :luxhello:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 7. Juli 2008, 09:09

Respekt...

Wenn das Schule macht, dann fliegen bald wieder die Vickers VC10 auf Linie... :thumb:

Hier in NRW fliegt ja bereits die Tante Ju... :luxhello:

Gruß

Dirk
Gruß

Dirk 8)

Flusitechnisch nun in den Rentenstatus gewechselt

Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, 04:28

RE: Respekt...

Zitat

Original von Superburschi
Wenn das Schule macht, dann fliegen bald wieder die Vickers VC10 auf Linie... :thumb:

Hier in NRW fliegt ja bereits die Tante Ju... :luxhello:

Gruß

Dirk

Die VC 10 wurden fast alle zu Tankern umgebaut und sind bis auf ein paar alle abgeflogen!

Kein RR Conway Sound! :sad:

Aber machen wir ne Konserve auf!

Nehmen wir die hier und die hier!

:thumb:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Balu der Bär« (8. Juli 2008, 04:28)

Freitag, 18. Juli 2008, 11:07

Klick

Zitat

In front of a capacity audience at the RAF Waddington International Airshow last Saturday, Avro Vulcan XH558 took to the air for her first public display since 1992. It was the culmination of years of effort, but the reward was beyond words. The spectators fell silent as XH558 lined up on the runway, the silence soon replaced by the unmistakeable sound of her engines as the spooled up to full power. Applause greeted both the impressive take-off, and at the end of the display, a perfect landing.
As if her display was not enough, the sight of XH558 flying in trailing formation with the BBMF’s Lancaster was the icing on the cake. Seeing Roy Chadwick’s two most famous creations flying together left not a dry eye on the airfield.

Disappointingly on the Sunday, for the first time in the ten flights since the completion of her restoration, we had a technical problem which unfortunately prevented XH558 taking off. The problem was quickly and easily diagnosed; it was a fault on a voltage regulator on the alternator on No.3 engine; we proved this by exchanging the unit with No.4 engine: the problem travelled with the unit.

Unfortunately replacement units were back at Bruntingthorpe Airfield, because we had not anticipated encountering this particular issue. In operational circumstances the Vulcan would have flown, but, ever mindful that safety is our primary concern; the decision was made not to fly. However we did demonstrate an aborted take off at full power on a wet runway, which provided spectators with not only the sound but also the spectacular sight of the Vulcan in the midst of a huge plume of spray in the sunshine.

XH558 will be remaining at Waddington for the next few days to complete further display practices and a validation flight to Farnborough, prior to flying to RAF Fairford for The Royal International Air Tattoo.

I would like to thank Group Captain Fryer, Station Commander at RAF Waddington, and his staff for everything that they have done to make it possible for XH558 to appear once again at Waddington.

Finally I would like to thank everyone who came to Waddington for such an amazingly warm welcome, as we brought Vulcan XH558 back to her spiritual home. It was a tremendous, unforgettable weekend for all those lucky enough to be there.

Sound pur!

Und hier

(Benjamin Franklin)

Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009, 17:25

Einfach ein toller Flieger... :thumbup:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 7. März 2009, 14:25

Zitat

Die Stiftung „Vulcan to the Sky” braucht eine weitere Million britische Pfund, um den Flugbetrieb mit ihrer Avro Vulcan XH 558 in diesem Jahr zu sichern. Kommt das Geld nicht zusammen, wäre die Stiftung praktisch pleite und die letzte flugfähige Vulcan müsste stillgelegt werden. „Die Situation ist ernst“, erkärt Dr. Robert Pleming vom Stiftungsvorstand.
„Vulcan to the Sky“ hatte den ehemaligen strategischen Bomber mit einem Aufwand von sieben Millionen Pfund restauriert und im Jahr 2007 wieder in die Luft gebracht. Das Geld kam von Privatleuten, aus der Industrie und aus Mitteln der staatlichen Lotterie. Im vergangenen Jahr begeisterte die Vulcan bei Airshows in Großbritannien über 1,5 Millionen Zuschauer.

Bis jetzt wurde bereits ein viertel der Summe gespendet, die zum weiteren Flugbetrieb der Vulcan notwendig ist. Die Stiftung will das Geld aber erst abrufen, wenn die volle Summe zusammengekommen ist „Wenn wir jetzt noch 15000 Menschen begeistern könnten, ein Jahr lang vier Pfund pro Monat zu spenden, wären wir am Ziel“, sagt Dr. Pleming.

In weiten Kreisen der britischen Bevölkerung wird die Vulcan XH 558 als nationales Symbol gesehen. In einem offenen Brief forderten jetzt Robin Gibb von der legendären Popgruppe Bee Gees, der Schriftsteller Frederick Forsyth und Air Marshal Sir Michael Knight, das Flugzeug unbedingt flugfähig zu erhalten. Sie schlugen vor, die XH 558 unter der Obhut der RAF Memorial Flight weiter zu betreiben.

Bild-und Textquelle ist die FlugRevue

;( ;( ;(

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 7. März 2009, 18:16

Vielleicht wäre das ja etwas für den RedBull-Hangar ;)

Gruß

Dirk 8)

Flusitechnisch nun in den Rentenstatus gewechselt

Freitag, 27. August 2010, 19:04

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 29. August 2010, 11:40

Schönes Ding. Bei ihrem Flug auf der AirTattoo 2009 war ich live dabei. Der Sound ist zum Niederknien. Und da im Publikum auch viele Spender waren, war die Stimmung phänomenal. :yes:

Sorry, daß sie etwas unscharf sind. Kleine Micro 4/3rds Cam und das Wetter war überaus britisch. ;)

| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it...

j-me

Dritter im Cockpit

wcf.user.posts: 1 531

Beruf: Student

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 29. August 2010, 17:54

Du warst auch da? Hättest du mir mal was gesagt :D.

Sorry, bin kein Profi-Fotograf ;). Aber das RIAT (Royal International Air Tattoo) ist wirklich eine tolle Veranstaltung. Es ist viel besser auf den Durchschnittszuschauer, der nicht unbedingt elf A380 für seine Airline bestellen möchte, ausgelegt. Dafür gibt's zwar "nur" Militärluftfahrt, aber darunter wirklich schöne Exemplare, wie z.B. die Vulcan. Dieser Sound... nix für Fluglärmgegner ;). Ach ja: Die Deutsche Luftwaffe war übrigens auch mit gar nicht mal so wenigen Tornados, C-160 Transalls und Hubschraubern vertreten. Ich glaube, dass es sogar mehr waren, als auf der ILA 2008.
mit Fliegergrüßen,
Jan / Flugingenieur

Coolermaster CM 690 II USB3 | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 650 W | msi Z77A-GD65 | Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4x 4,2 GHz | Scythe Mugen III | Kingston HyperX blu 8 GB RAM | Gainward GeForce GTX 670 Phantom 2048 MB | Samsung 830 SSD 128 GB [OS] | Samsung 830 SSD 256 GB [FS] | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD [Daten] | Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bits)