Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 22. Juni 2009, 04:36

Qantas QF68- 7 Leute verletzt- durch schwere Turbulenzen

Zitat

Passengers injured after Qantas Flight QF68 hits turbulence
UPDATE 11.03am: QANTAS passengers have told of a sudden drop in altitude which caused seven people to be injured this morning.
A Qantas statement said Flight QF68 from Hong Kong, an Airbus A330-300, encountered turbulence over Borneo, four hours into the journey.
Six passengers and a crew member sustained minor injuries and were initially treated on board.
There was also minor damage to some overhead panels and two oxygen masks were dislodged.

One of the 206 passengers on the plane, John, said there was a loud bang followed by a sudden drop in altitude.
"As the plane was flying we got the normal turbulence but what happened this time was a sudden drop in altitude,'' he told commercial radio.
"I was sitting at the exit door and I had this lady, (who) was waiting at the restroom and she flew up and hit the ceiling and came crashing down to the floor,'' he said.
"It was just a matter of a few seconds but it (the turbulence) was really sudden and things went flying."
John said the elderly woman who hit the ceiling was shaken.
"She was on the floor and she was just traumatised,'' he said.
Qantas said the aircraft operated normally after the incident and, following medical advice, proceeded to Perth.
It landed safely at around 7.45am local time (9.45am Melbourne time).
A Qantas spokesman described the cause as "a severe meteorological incident.''
The aircraft is an Airbus A330-300, and the incident has been reported to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), which will investigate.
The airline insists there is no reason to link the incident to other recent inflight incidents involving A330 aircraft.
There were 206 passengers and 13 flight and cabin crew on the aircraft.
The aircraft was being flown by an experienced crew led by Captain Brett Flack, the Qantas statement said.
A Qantas support team, along with medical personnel, were at Perth Airport for the aircraft's arrival.

Quelle

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 22. Juni 2009, 07:42

Auf meinem Flug nach Gran Canaria konne man auch sehen, wie die Leute es nach dem Start gar nicht erwarten konnten endlich auf die Toilette zu gehen und egal ob die Anschnallzeichen anwaren oder nicht. Frei nach dem Motto: "Ja ja, macht der eh gleich aus!" oder "Wozu ist doch alles ruhig!".
Kann ich nicht nachvollziehen...
Gruß, Christian :thumbup:

Apple MacBook Pro (Mid2010)

"Die meisten Zitate aus dem Internet sind falsch!"
(Aristoteles)

Montag, 22. Juni 2009, 09:10

Hier auf deutsch :

Zitat

Erneut Qantas-A330 in Turbulenzen

SYDNEY (dpa) - Eine Maschine der australischen Fluggesellschaft Qantas ist zwischen Hongkong und Perth in schwere Turbulenzen geraten. Sieben Menschen an Bord von Flug QF68 wurden verletzt, teilte die Airline am Montag in Sydney mit. Der Zwischenfall ereignete sich über Borneo. Der Airbus A330-300 mit 219 Passagieren und Besatzungsmitgliedern landete am Morgen problemlos und planmäßig in Perth.
In der Kabine waren nach Angaben von Qantas zwei Teile der Deckenverkleidung beschädigt und zwei Sauerstoffmasken fielen aus der Halterung. Qantas sieht nach eigenen Angaben keinen Zusammenhang zwischen diesem und anderen Zwischenfällen mit Airbus-Flugzeugen in jüngster Zeit.

Quelle : aero.de
Gruß

Montag, 22. Juni 2009, 13:30

Unsere Atmosphäre ist eben doch nicht völlig homogen...
Aber leichte Verletzungen sind ja kein Problem.

Und der Knall den der Passagier da gehört hat, war dann ja wohl die Lady die gegen die Toilettendecke geknallt ist! :D
Gruß, Roman

Montag, 22. Juni 2009, 13:43

Na ja, in meinen Augen sind die Passagiere meistens selbst schuld! Man sagt ja, man sollte lieber den ganzen Flug über angeschnallt bleiben.
Aber wie heißt es so schön: "Wer nicht hören will, muss fühlen!" :P

Hab ich auf den letzten Flüge auch schon gemerkt, so bald das Anschnallzeichen aus ist, liefern sich meistens immer eine Menge Leute einen Wettkampf, wer als erstes im Gang steht. :lol:
Gruß Rick

"Gravity is not just a good idea - it's a law."