Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 18:41

Boeing soll die 777LR modifizieren.Delta will weiter fliegen!

Zitat

Delta pushes Boeing to squeeze more range from 777-200LR
Delta Air Lines wants Boeing to examine ways of boosting the 777-200LR's range to enable the airline to serve Australia directly from the US East Coast.

The Boeing twinjet is already the world's longest-range airliner, with the capability of flying missions of up to 17,500km (9,450nm), and Delta executive vice-president for network planning and revenue management Glenn Hauenstein says the airline has informally asked the airframer to study possible modifications to allow even longer-range, full-payload performance.
Hauenstein, who is the architect of Delta's plan to become a global carrier from its Atlanta and New York Kennedy hubs, says that the carrier wants a 777 that can "reach Australia [non-stop] from our US East Coast hubs".

Speaking to Flight International's sister publication Airline Business during the delivery flight of Delta's first 777-200LR, Hauenstein said that the aircraft could be fitted with additional fuel capacity to achieve this. He added that it might be possible to tweak its General Electric GE 90-110B1 engines.

Delta's request follows an earlier approach to Boeing from Qantas about extending the twinjet's range. The Australian carrier - which is not a 777 customer - has previously talked of a "hub-buster" -200LR derivative capable of operating non-stop between Sydney and London with an economic payload.

Delta will also take a second -200LR in March and will deploy the twinjets on its longest route, between New York Kennedy and Mumbai, India.

They replace a shorter-range 777-200ER model, which faces weight restrictions on the route. The -200LR's greater payload will enable it to carry a full load of cargo on the route, which Hauenstein says will add as much as $10 million a year in revenue.

Quelle

Ein direkter Angriff auf Qantas!Wow.Das wird interessant..... :yes:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

peepe

Brathahn

wcf.user.posts: 780

Beruf: DVK

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 19:10

Du weißt schon das Riesenschrift in einem Forum mit Schreien im wirklichen Leben gleichzusetzten ist? ;)

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 19:12

Bis jetzt noch nicht!

Ich war der Ansicht, das wenn alle Buchstaben groß sind, das es mit schreien gleich zu setzen ist.
Aber bitte, ich änder das!

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

peepe

Brathahn

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 19:16

Nimms nicht als "Maulerei" auf, ist nur ein Tip aus laaanger Forenerfahrung. :bier:

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 19:46

Nimms nicht als "Maulerei" auf, ist nur ein Tip aus laaanger Forenerfahrung. :bier:

Kein Thema, Peepe.Ich hätte dann umso deutlicher zurückgemault! :thumbsup: :yes: :lol: :bier:

(Benjamin Franklin)

peepe

Brathahn

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 19:56

...und das macht eben FriendlyFlusi zu dem was es ist...zum FriendlyFlusi! :thumbsup:

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 20:16

...und das macht eben FriendlyFlusi zu dem was es ist...zum FriendlyFlusi! :thumbsup:

Eben! :thumbsup: :bier:

(Benjamin Franklin)