Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Samstag, 12. Juli 2008, 08:17

Royal Air Tatoo abgesagt!

KLICK

Zitat

AIR TATTOO CANCELLED SATURDAY

Due to the unusually heavy rainfall during the past 72 hours, a decision has been made by the organisers of the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire to cancel the airshow on Saturday, July 12.

The cancellation of the airshow on Saturday follows a sustained period of heavy rainfall that has resulted in waterlogged conditions not only in the public car parks but also on the airfield itself. The decision was taken following consultation with the police and other safety services.

Air Tattoo Director Tim Prince said it was the first time the Air Tattoo had ever had to cancel one of its days in its 38-year history.

“It is with great regret that we had to take the decision to cancel the airshow on the Saturday but the safety of the public is paramount.

“When it became clear that we could not guarantee the safety of the many thousands of people who had bought tickets for Saturday, the decision to cancel was straightforward.

“We are aware of the inconvenience our decision will have on the many thousands of people who have bought tickets for the Saturday but the potential risk of there being significant difficulties on the roads, in our car parks on the airbase itself were too high.”

It is anticipated that the show will be held on Sunday but it will be only for holders of tickets valid for Sunday. A decision in respect of this will be announced by 4pm on Saturday.

Please note that Saturday tickets will not be valid for Sunday.

Refund details for tickets bought for Saturday, July 12, can be found on the Royal International Air Tattoo website at www.airtattoo.com . For further enquiries contact refunds@rafcte.com

Schade, keine neue Bilderflut im Netz....... :thumbdown:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 12. Juli 2008, 08:56

Bitte was??? Und das wird nicht verschoben? Da könnt man doch grad eine Woche warten! :thumbdown:
Gruß, Roman

Samstag, 12. Juli 2008, 09:39

Moin

Na toll... :sad:

Wirklich Pech für die, die eine Reise dahin gemacht haben....

Aber leider steckt man da nicht drin. Diese Erfahrung musste ich in Belgien ja auch machen ;(
Grüße

Samstag, 12. Juli 2008, 17:39

Die Show am Sonntag wurde nun auch abgesagt... :sad:

Zitat

AIR TATTOO CANCELLED SUNDAY

The organisers of the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire announce that the airshow on Sunday, July 13 will not go ahead.

The decision was taken following lengthy discussions between the organisers, police and other safety services. It was based on concerns for our visitors and the disappointing conclusion was that we could not fully safeguard them.

The public is asked not to travel to RAF Fairford tomorrow.

Hier gehts weiter....
Grüße

Sonntag, 13. Juli 2008, 19:10

Schaut mal auf den Bildern, wie die Parkplätze auf den Äckern aussehen...... :banghead:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)