Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 20. November 2010, 10:17

Hat der Typ gerade gesagt "we've gone .995 and it cruises at .925"?

Ja daß muß für nen Zehner- kutscher ne neue Erfahrung sein, wenn er nicht mal das TCAS- Target ist, daß von hinten immer näher kommt, und dann überholt..... :D

Wie kontrolliert man die Kabinen- Gimmicks, wenn man kein i-Phone hat?? :hm:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 20. November 2010, 10:41

Stimmt, überholt werden ist eine Lektion in Demut, die bisher sicher keinem 10er-Kutscher bis jetzt widerfahren ist. :D

Und ich behaupt jetzt mal ganz frech, daß man in einem sauteuren Flieger wie einer Gulf es sich leisten kann, einfach ein iPad bunkert, das am Flieger bleibt, sofern der Kunde kein iPhone hat. ;)
| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it...

Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011, 15:51

Zitat

The Gulfstream G650, which isn't here at MEBA because of the company's aggressive flight-test schedule, will be the world's fastest and longest range business jet when deliveries of completed customer aircraft enter service in 2012 (unfinished "green" deliveries will actually begin later next year). Its wide cabin will also boast the latest in comfort and convenience.The $64.5 million twinjet, which first flew last year and is slated for U.S. FAA certification next year, is both a significant departure and a natural progression from the manufacturer's previous and current line of large jets-airplanes whose lineage and fuselage diameter can be traced back to the Gulfstream II of the 1960s.

Power on the G650 comes from two 16,100-pound-thrust Rolls-Royce BR725 engines, which are more efficient than their BR710 predecessor. The new engines produce almost 5 percent more takeoff thrust while reducing nitrogen oxide emissions by 5 percent and smoke by 10 percent.

They are also 33-percent quieter than the BR710s, reducing noise levels to 17 decibels below Stage 4 standards.The new engines, increased use of metal bonding and composite materials, combined with more efficient wing design, translate into better aerodynamics, weight savings and greater efficiencies in manufacture and operation. For example, the G650's huge 28- by 20.5-inch windows are 16 percent bigger than the G550's but use 78 percent fewer parts, thereby cutting assembly time in half.

The oval windows are also spaced farther apart than the G550's and are slightly higher on the fuselage to improve viewing angle.According to Gulfstream, the G650 can fly the 6,370 nm from Dubai to Chicago some 90 minutes faster than any other civilian jet. The aircraft can also land in adverse weather thanks to integrated head-up and synthetic-vision systems that include the Gulfstream enhanced-vision system (EVS), the synthetic-vision primary flight display system and head-up display.

The EVS uses a forward-looking infrared camera that captures actual ground images and projects them on the pilot's head-up display, while the synthetic-vision system employs 3-D color terrain images from an onboard database.Gulfstream didn't want to make the jet so large that it couldn't land in places that ban aircraft weighing more than 100,000 pounds, such as Aspen, Colorado; Sun Valley, Idaho; and the New York City-area Teterboro. Nor did it want to have to rely on ground-based systems such as power carts.

The quieter engines not only enable the G650 to conform to all existing and anticipated airport noise restrictions, they also make for a quieter cabin. The fuselage's oval shape is more aerodynamically efficient than the G550's round-tube design and offers more cabin space.

The unfinished cabin measures 102 inches wide and 77 inches high (75 inches finished). The G650's floor is 80 inches wide (15 inches wider than the G550's) and the interior sidewall-to-sidewall width (at shoulders, seated) is 98 inches.

This means more seat recline, legroom and stateroom options as well as larger galleys, lavatories, baggage and crew-rest areas. The wider floor allows for larger seats, wider aisles and the ability to seat three across in conference and dining groupings.Its main entry door is massive-almost 75 inches tall, versus 59.25 inches on the G550.

The baggage area provides 195 cubic feet of space and is accessible at all altitudes through the aft lavatory. The G650 has a 100-percent fresh-air system and provides a lower cabin altitude than other large business jets-4,850 feet when flying at 51,000 feet and 2,800 feet when flying at 41,000 feet.

The environmental-control system features quieter air distribution than the G550 and independently vented lavatories.The G650's cabin can be configured for 11 to 18 passenger seats in one of 12 floor plans, including six with forward galleys and six with aft galleys, with or without crew-rest areas. The mid-cabin credenza opposite the conference area can be replaced with two single seats and a sidewall table.

This effectively creates a six-seat conference/dining area. The optional aft stateroom area, forward of the aft lavatory, is available with forward galley plans.

It features a single seat, table, storage, a 27-inch LED monitor and a berthing divan. The wide floor means that when the divan is deployed there is still ample aisle clearance to allow access to the aft lavatory and the baggage compartment.Gulfstream showed a finished Gulfstream G650 cabin for the first time at the NBAA Convention in October in Atlanta.

The full interior is in G650 flight-test aircraft S/N 6004, which, besides being used for certification trials, will be used to shake out the cabin itself. Standard cabin equipment includes two electrically articulated seats with heated back and base cushion.

A divan in S/N 6004 is more couch-like and has one-touch, electrically actuated berthing.Also new in the G650 is the company's own Gulfstream Cabin Management System, which provides digital control of cabin systems through touch-screens, capacitive touch switches and passenger control units. Using an iPod Touch synched to a particular aircraft seat, passengers will be able to control the lighting, temperature, speakers, monitors, entertainment equipment, window shades, CabinView system and flight attendant call.

The company plans to deliver up to 12 "green" Gulfstream G650s in the second half of next year, following U.S. certification in midyear. To date, the twinjet has accumulated nearly 900 flight-test hours-about half of what Gulfstream expects to log for the entire certification program-and a fifth aircraft is scheduled to join the program later this month.

Jay Johnson, chairman and CEO of Gulfstream parent company General Dynamics, hinted last week that at least one of the aircraft might have achieved supersonic flight during testing.Gulfstream will build the G650 at a new 308,000-sq-ft production plant in Savannah, Georgia, using ultra-lean manufacturing techniques. The company has about 200 orders for the airplane.

Quelle!

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011, 22:03

Jay Johnson, chairman and CEO of Gulfstream parent company General Dynamics, hinted last week that at least one of the aircraft might have achieved supersonic flight during testing.

Ist dieser Absatz aufgefallen??
Wir haben nun den ersten Überschall- Business- Jet! 8| :yes: :thumbsup:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 3. Januar 2011, 06:02

Nein, ist nicht die erste. Im Zuge der Flugerprobung ging damals auch schon die X in den Überschall. Das wurde nie so wirklich rausposaunt, weil im Überschall durch den stark ansteigenden Drag im Bereich von M 1.0 bis ca 1.4 (und danach fällt er wieder, deswegen ist die Concorde in dem Bereich mit Nachbrenner geflogen und darüber wieder ohne) der Fuel Flow soweit hochging, daß es nicht mehr praktikabel ist. Aber seit diesem Tag gibts in den Büros in Wichita ein Konferenzzimmer namens "Mach One Room".

Quelle ist übrigens das Buch Extreme Jet Flying von Captain Vince Moore, ISBN 978-1425176655. :)
Ein sehr sehr empfehlenswertes Buch über den Alltag mit der X.

:bier:
| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011, 20:50

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 16. Januar 2011, 03:27

Das Fly by Wire backup hat den Test bestanden.....

Zitat

Gulfstream says its test pilots and engineers invoked a "safe mode" control actuation system on a G650 prototype for more than 2h on 21 December, demonstrating the viability of the electrically powered backup technology.
Pilots of s/n 6001, one of five flight test aircraft taking part in the G650 ultra long-range business jet certification program, initially used the Parker Hannifin-built electrical backup hydraulic actuators (EBHAs) for primary flight control for single axis control. The test then progressed to full roll, pitch and yaw control through low and high speed conditions at a variety of altitudes and speeds, including five landings during the 3h 33min flight.
"It flew so well that unless pilots were told they were in backup actuation mode I don't think they would notice," says Gary Freeman, a Gulfstream test pilot taking part in the flight.
Using EBHAs, Gulfstream was able to design the G650 fly-by-wire (FBW) flight control system with a dual-redundant rather than triple-redundant hydraulic system, saving weight and cost while boosting safety.
The devices are connected to primary control surfaces (elevator, rudder and aileron) and outboard spoilers in parallel with traditional electro hydraulic servo actuators (EHSAs). While both actuators use pressurized fluid from an aircraft-centric hydraulic system with redundant pumps, the EBHA also contains its own electrically powered internal hydraulic fluid reservoir and motor pump, allowing for full flight control and a "get home" option in the event of a dual hydraulic system failure.

Quelle!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 22. Januar 2011, 20:21

Zitat

Gulfstream schreibt Luftfahrtgeschichte – erster Flug mit nur elektrisch versorgtem Flugkontrollsystem
Testpiloten und Flugtestingenieure von Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. haben kürzlich Geschichte in der Geschäftsreiseflugbranche geschrieben als sie das Gulfstream 650 Testflugzeug zum ersten Mal nur mit einem elektrisch angetriebenen, fly-by-wire Flugkontrollantriebssystem geflogen haben.

Die Gulfstream mit der Seriennummer (S/N) 6001 flog insgesamt drei Stunden und 33 Minuten. Die Testpiloten Jake Howard und Gary Freeman zusammen mit den Flugtestingenieuren Bill Osborne und Nathaniel Rutland haben das fly-by-wire System mit dem elektrischen backup Antriebsmodus zwei Stunden und 20 Minuten des Fluges betrieben, und haben mit dem genutzten backup System fünf Landungen durchgeführt.

„Das System arbeitete fehlerlos,“ sagte Pres Henne, Senior Vice President, Programs, Engineering and Test von Gulfstream. „Es gab keinen Qualitätsunterschied in der Handhabung zwischen den elektrisch oder hydraulisch angetriebenen Modi.“

„Das Flugzeug flog so gut, dass die Piloten wahrscheinlich gar nicht gemerkt hätten, dass sie im backup Antriebsmodus geflogen sind, wenn man es ihnen nicht vorher gesagt hätte,“ sagte Testpilot Freeman.

Typischerweise nutzt fly-by-wire ein drittes redundantes hydraulisches System im Fall eines dualen hydraulischen Systemfehlers. Gulfstream nutzt jedoch in seiner fly-by-wire Architektur elektrische backup hydraulische Antriebe (EBHA): elektronisch kontrollierte Antriebe, die vorwiegend hydraulisch mit Energie versorgt werden, aber auch elektrische Energie als Backup liefern. Ein eigenständiges hydraulisches Reservoir und eine Motorpumpe erlauben vollen Betrieb, falls es zu hydraulischen Ausfällen kommen sollte.

Die G650 hat ein EBHA bei jedem wichtigen Kontrollelement (Höhenleitwerk, Ruder und Querruder) als auch eine außen liegende Störklappe. Diese bieten verbesserte Sicherheit und Flugzeugverfügbarkeit aufgrund der beiden unterschiedlichen Energiequellen. Die eigenständigen Antriebe bieten auch einen Vorteil für den Fall eines sehr seltenen Fehlerszenarios wie zum Beispiel ein Rotorbruch.

Quelle!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2011, 21:03

Zitat

Gulfstream: G650 flight test family complete
Gulfstream on 24 January performed first flight of the fifth and final member of its airborne certification fleet for the ultra long-range G650.
Aircraft five, S/N 6005, completed a 2h 46min flight initial flight on the 24th, reaching a maximum altitude of 51,000ft (15,545m) and a test point top speed of M0.94, 1.6% above the normal M0.925 maximum cruising speed for the aircraft.
Pilots and engineers evaluated the avionics, flight control systems and handling qualities for the Rolls-Royce BR725-powered twin-jet, the aircraft destined to perform reduced vertical separation testing for certification.
Gulfstream in total has accumulated more than 1,100h in the planned 1,800h G650 flight test program, slated to culminate with US Federal Aviation Administration and European certification later this year and first deliveries in 2012.
Other recent milestones include completion of the initial flight control certification test for S/N 6001, negative G-force flight tests and brake control optimization tests for S/N 6002, successful flyover noise tests for S/N 6003 and completion of an initial cabin noise survey for S/N 6004, the aircraft with the first production interior.
The company is also readying a non-flying fatigue test aircraft to evaluate the lifelong structural integrity of the airframe.

Vollständiger Bericht auf flightglobal.com

(Benjamin Franklin)

Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2011, 21:29

Da habens Cessna ja was ordentliches vorgelegt... :D

Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011, 19:53

Zitat

Die Gulfstream G650 hat kürzlich ihre außergewöhnlich hohe Reisegeschwindigkeit verbunden mit der hervorragenden Treibstoffeffizienz demonstriert und ist mehr als 3.545 km in nur drei Stunden und 26 Minuten geflogen. Die sehr große Kabine der G650 für Langstrecken mit der Seriennummer (S/N) 6004 hob vom Bob Hope Airport in Burbank Kalifornien um 12.21 Uhr ab und landete auf dem Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport nach drei Stunden und 26 Minuten.

Das Flugzeug flog dabei zwischen Mach 0,91 und 0,92 mit einem kurzen Teilstück auf dem es die maximale Geschwindigkeit des Flugzeuges mit 0,925 Mach ausreizte. Die maximale Reisegeschwindigkeit betrug mehr als 660 Knoten.

„Diese Mach-Geschwindigkeiten können die Kunden typischerweise von diesem Flugzeug erwarten,“ sagte Pres Henne, Senior Vice President, Programs, Engineering and Test von Gulfstream. „Zu sagen, dass wir mit dieser operativen Leistung in der realen Welt zufrieden sind, ist eine Untertreibung.“

Die G650 startete mit einer kalkulierten Flugfeldlänge von weniger als 1.372 m und stieg mit Mach 0,85 auf eine Reisehöhe von 13.196 m um dann auf die Fluggeschwindigkeit von mach 0,91 für den Rest des Fluges zu gehen.

„Eine wichtige Kennzahl ist hier,“ sagte Henne, „die ausgewählte Flugfeldlänge die man unter atmosphärischen Bedingungen mindestens benötigt. Mit dieser Leistungsfähigkeit kann die G650 fast überall hinfliegen, wo routinemäßig kleinere Geschäftsreiseflugzeuge eingesetzt werden. Das ist ein wichtiger Vorteil für die Betreiber. Die S/N 6004 machte diesen Flug mit insgesamt zehn Crew-Mitgliedern, darunter auch Pres Henne.

„Dies war ein fantastischer Flug,“ sagte Henne nach der Landung in Savannah. „Man kann wirklich die Größe spüren. Die großzügige Kabine der G650 wir extrem gut von den Kunden angenommen. Der Einbau einer Innenausstattung in ein Testflugzeug für die anfänglichen Tests erlaubt es uns die Kabine intensiv zu evaluieren bevor sie in den Betrieb geht. Diese Mission und weitere Tests ermöglichten die Evaluierung des Kabinendrucksystems, der Kabinentemperatur-Kontrollsysteme, die Anordnung der Sitze in der Kabine, der umfangreichen Systeme zur Kommunikation und Bordunterhaltung einschließlich der durch die iPod touch kontrollierten Eigenschaften der Kabine.“

Die G650 hat einen maximale Reichweite von 12.500 km bei einer Geschwindigkeit von Mach 0,85 und erlaubt somit Interkontinentalflüge in weniger Zeit als mit den derzeit verfügbaren Ultralangstrecken-Geschäftsreiseflugzeugen.

S/N 6004 ist eines der fünf Flugzeuge, die derzeit die Tests nach dem Zertifizierungsplan der Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) und der European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) durchführen. Die fünf Flugzeuge haben bisher mehr als 1.200 Flugstunden absolviert und liegen im Zeitplan für die Zertifizierung 2011 und die danach erfolgende Übernahme in den operativen Betrieb im Jahr 2012.

Quelle ist der Aero- Brief!

Zitat

SAVANNAH, Ga., February 8, 2011 — The Gulfstream G650 recently demonstrated its exceptional high-speed, fuel-efficient cruising capabilities, flying more than 1,900 nautical miles (3,545 km) in just 3 hours and 26 minutes.

The ultra-large-cabin, ultra-long-range G650, Serial Number (S/N) 6004, took off from Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Calif., at 12:21 p.m. local time on Jan. 12. It arrived at Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport 3 hours and 26 minutes later at 6:47 p.m. local time.

The aircraft accomplished the mission at speeds between Mach 0.91 and 0.92, with a brief segment at the aircraft’s maximum operating Mach number of 0.925. Its average ground speed was more than 550 knots. Its maximum ground speed en route was more than 660 knots.

“These are typical operational Mach numbers customers can expect from this aircraft,” said Pres Henne, senior vice president, Programs, Engineering and Test, Gulfstream. “To say that we are pleased with this real-world operational capability is an understatement.”

The G650 lifted off with a calculated balanced field length of less than 4,500 feet (1,372 m) and climbed at Mach 0.85 to a cruising altitude of 43,000 feet (13,196 m), transitioning to Mach 0.91 or above for the remainder of the flight.

“One key figure here,” said Henne, “is balanced field length, the minimum required runway under the atmospheric conditions. To achieve this kind of performance means that the G650 can go just about anywhere a smaller business jet would routinely go. That is a major benefit to operators.”

S/N 6004 carried 10 crew members, including Henne.

“That was a fantastic flight,” Henne said after landing in Savannah. “You can definitely sense the size. The increased spaciousness of the G650 cabin will be extremely well-received by our customers. The introduction of an interior into one of our initial flight-test aircraft is allowing a thorough evaluation of the cabin well before entry into service. This mission and others have allowed evaluations of the cabin pressurization system, the cabin temperature control system, the cabin seating arrangements, the extensive cabin communications and entertainment equipment along with the iPod touch®-controlled features of the cabin.”

The G650 has a maximum range of 7,000 nautical miles (12,500 km) at Mach 0.85, enabling longer intercontinental flights in less time than current ultra-long-range business jets.

S/N 6004 is one of five aircraft currently flying as part of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification plan. The five aircraft have accumulated more than 1,200 hours of flight and are on track for certification in 2011, with entry into service in 2012.

“The recent missions on S/N 6004 and the completion of other significant milestones continue to demonstrate that our G650 product development team, including our worldwide supply chain, is working well together as the G650 program heads toward certification,” Henne said. “We are very pleased with both the progress of our program and the performance of our aircraft.”

Quelle des englischsprachigen Textes und des Bildes ist gulfstream.com

Nicht schlecht sage ich....

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 18. Februar 2011, 18:50

Frage an die Experten:
Ich hörte, daß Prototyp Nummer 5 M 0.94 erreicht haben soll, und diese Geschwindigkeit ohne größere Probleme hielt. Ist eine Änderung in der Zulassung denn möglich, daß man ne M mo von M 0.94 reinschreibt??

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 18. Februar 2011, 19:24

"Schau mer mal!" :weg:
Spezifiziert ist das Ganze meines Wissens derzeit rechtsbindend für zumindest unsere Gefilde in EASA CS 25:

Zitat

CS 25.1505 Maximum operating limit speed
The maximum operating limit speed (VMO/MMO, airspeed or Mach number, whichever is critical at a particular altitude) is a speed that may not be deliberately exceeded in any regime of flight (climb, cruise, or descent), unless a higher speed is authorised for flight test or pilot training operations. VMO/MMO must be established so that it is not greater than the design cruising speed VC and so that it is sufficiently below VD/MD or VDF/MDF, to make it highly improbable that the latter speeds will be inadvertently exceeded in operations. The speed margin between VMO/MMO and VD/MD or VDF/MDF may not be less than that determined under CS 25.335(b) or found necessary during the flight tests conducted under CS 25.253.

Die beiden hervorgehobenen Parapgraphen haben viel zu viele mathematische Sonderzeichen drin, als daß man sie hier sinnvoll zitieren könnte.
Am besten schaust Du für die Referenz in dieses Dokument. Die gesuchten Paragraphen beginnen respektive bei Seite 34 bzw 29.

Um das jetzt wirklich sagen zu können, bräuchten wir einige Daten aus dem Flight Test, und ich behaupt mal die werden wir leider nicht bekommen. ;)

Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2011, 14:12

Ist zwar nicht die 650er, aber dafür die 550er mit dem Planeview I. Das Planeview II wird noch leistungsfähiger sein....... :yes:
Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 28. Februar 2011, 21:42

Der Flieger verkauft sich wie geschnittenes Brot

Zitat

The rich and famous are jostling and dealing for better spots in one of the most exclusive waiting lines around -- for getting keys to a new Gulfstream jet that, with a top speed of 704 mph, is the fastest private plane the world.
The must-have $65 million jets, the envy of the ruling class, are still nearly a year away from delivery, but that hasn't stopped a lot of wheeling and dealing behind the scenes by billionaires such as Warren Buffet, Ralph Lauren and Oprah Winfrey to make sure they'll be among the first to board the new rides.
The waiting list for taking delivery of the Gulfstream G650 has just 200 slots. Among those high on the list are Hollywood mogul David Geffen, Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich, eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and blue-chip companies such as Visa, Coca-Cola and Johnson & Johnson.
The Gulfstream factory in Savannah, Ga., will build just 50 new jets a year over the next four years.
Many billionaires must wait until a new list opens in five years.
"There was an extremely high demand for the G650 -- and there still is," said Gulfstream's Heidi Fedak, one of the executives helping soothe ruffled feathers among her powerful clientele.
Aware that billionaires don't like to be kept waiting, some lucky people on the waiting list are selling their spots for as much as $6 million.

Quelle des vollständigen Textes ist die New York Post!!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 3. April 2011, 00:16

G650 crash!

Gerade in einem abonnierten Newsletter gelesen: bei den Flugtests ist eine G650 abgestürzt, es gibt 4 Tote ;(

Quelle: Klick

Sonntag, 3. April 2011, 05:17

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Bei den touch&gos verunglückt........

Zitat

GULFSTREAM CONFIRMS CRASH OF G650 FLIGHT-TEST AIRCRAFT
G650 Crashes During Testing In Roswell, New Mexico
SAVANNAH, Ga., April 2, 2011 — Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. confirmed today that a Gulfstream G650 crashed Saturday morning during takeoff-performance tests in Roswell, N.M. Two Gulfstream pilots and two Gulfstream flight-test engineers died in the crash.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who were lost," said Joe Lombardo, president, Gulfstream Aerospace.
The accident is under investigation by Gulfstream, the National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration.
"We are cooperating 100 percent with the investigation," Lombardo said.

Quelle ist Gulfstream

;(

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 3. April 2011, 07:15

Zitat

Gulfstream Aerospace, located in Savannah, Ga., has confirmed the crash of a Gulfstream G650 flight test aircraft at Roswell International Air Center, N.M., Saturday morning, April 2. Four lives were lost in the accident. The following statement was released by the company early Saturday evening:

“Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. confirmed today that a Gulfstream G650 crashed Saturday morning during takeoff-performance tests in Roswell, N.M. Two Gulfstream pilots and two Gulfstream flight-test engineers died in the crash. ‘Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who were lost,’ said Joe Lombardo, president, Gulfstream Aerospace. The accident is under investigation by Gulfstream, the National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration. ‘We are cooperating 100 percent with the investigation,’ Lombardo said.”

FAA Southwest Region spokesman Lynn Lunsford of the told AOPA Pilot that the aircraft, N652GD, had just taken off when the right wing hit the ground. The aircraft crashed back to the runway, collapsing the gear. “The aircraft skidded for quite some distance,” Lunsford said. “It came to rest 35 to 40 feet from the tower.” Lunsford said the aircraft had been in the pattern for at least two hours. It was his understanding that the aircraft was conducting brake testing.

Quelle des vollständigen Textes!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 3. April 2011, 17:22

Sieht richtig böse aus. Da hat nicht viel gefehlt, und der Flieger wäre in den Tower gekracht....... 8| ;(

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 3. April 2011, 20:39

(Benjamin Franklin)

Donnerstag, 7. April 2011, 23:08

Leider keine diesbezüglich deutschsprachige Quelle gefunden.....

Zitat

The Gulfstream G650 involved in the fatal crash that killed four company employees on 2 April was at a high angle of attack just before its right wingtip made contact with the runway, say those directly familiar with events of the accident.

The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) says the wind was 15kts "directly from the left side of the aircraft" when the aircraft began its takeoff roll on Runway 21 at approximately 09:30 local time at Roswell International Air Center Airport in New Mexico.

Wingtip scrape marks appear on runway 21 roughly 1520m (5,000ft) before the end of the 3,960m (13,000ft) runway, which "lead toward the final resting spot approximately 3000 feet from the first marks on the runway," says the NTSB.

Witnesses near the scene say they saw the G650's landing gear collapse followed by "sliding on the ground with sparks and smoke and subsequent full involvement with fire while it was still moving," says the NTSB.

The aircraft then "came to rest upright and fully involved in flames approximately 61m (200 ft) from the base of the airport control tower".

Airport rescue and fire fighting teams responded quickly to the fire, which they fought for 15min after their arrival.

S/N 6002, registered N652GD, the second of five test aircraft validating the new large-cabin ultra-long range jet , had been out conducting 2.5h of take-off performance and braking evaluations prior to the accident, taking off on runway 21 with teardrop turns to downwind landings on runway 3 prior to the accident.
Participating along with the NTSB, is German safety investigator BFU, as the twin Rolls-Royce Deutschland BR700-725A1-12 engines are manufactured in Germany. Additionally, engine-maker Rolls-Royce and Parker Aerospace, which supplies the aircraft's fly-by-wire flight control system, are also party to the investigation along with Gulfstream.

Quelle!

Zitat

Gulfstream Jet Crashed Testing Engine Failure, Agency Says
April 07, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
Updates with FAA comment in fifth paragraph.)

April 7 (Bloomberg) -- The Gulfstream G650 jet that crashed April 2, killing all four crew members, was simulating an engine failure during takeoff when the accident occurred, the National Transportation Safety Board said.

In a preliminary report issued today and posted on its website, the safety agency said the jet was “performing a takeoff with a simulated engine failure to determine takeoff distance requirements at minimum flap setting.” The crash occurred in Roswell, New Mexico.

Witnesses saw the jet “sliding on the ground with sparks and smoke coming from the bottom of the wing, and described the airplane being fully involved in fire while still moving across the ground,” the agency report said. The runway showed wingtip scrape marks for about 3,800 feet before the jet came to a halt, the report said.

Determining the cause of the accident may take 12 months to 18 months, the safety agency said.

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, which is responsible for certifying the airplane for commercial use, is in talks with Gulfstream about resuming test flights, Alison Duquette, a spokeswoman for the agency, said in a phone interview. No decisions have been reached about continuing flights, she said.

Vollständiger Text bei Bloomberg!

Man simuliert nen Ausfall eines Triebwerkes, hat nen hohen Anstellwinkel und schon gehts schief........
Mal schauen, was BFU meinen wird....

(Benjamin Franklin)

Mittwoch, 27. April 2011, 12:41

War das der Prototyp, der abgestürzt ist?

Mittwoch, 27. April 2011, 15:29

Seriennahe Prototypmaschine, halt mit dem ganzen Messequipment für die Flugerprobung.

Freitag, 6. Mai 2011, 19:40

Zitat

Investigation continues into G650 crash

By: Curt Epstein
May 2, 2011
Business Aviation, Accidents

The investigation continues into last month’s fatal crash of a Gulfstream G650 during a test flight at Roswell, N.M., and it may be more than a year before the cause of the accident is determined, according to the NTSB. Tom Latson, the NTSB investigator in charge of the accident, told AIN the Board will be conducting “a thorough investigation” and confirmed that the aircraft was equipped with a telemetry data downlink. That could potentially provide the investigators with a trove of additional clues, beyond those from the twinjet’s CVR and FDR. Aside from Gulfstream, other parties to the investigation include the FAA, Parker Aerospace (manufacturer of the aircraft’s fly-by-wire flight control system) Rolls-Royce Engines and the German Accident Investigation Bureau (as the 16,100-pound-thrust BR725A1-12 engines on the aircraft were manufactured in Germany).

In its preliminary report released four days after the April 2 crash, the NTSB said the aircraft was performing a takeoff with a simulated engine failure to determine takeoff distance requirements at minimum flap setting. The G650, S/N 6002, registered as N652GD took off at approximately 9:30 a.m. from the main Runway 21 at Roswell International Air Center Airport in Roswell, N.M. in clear weather with a 15-knotcrosswind from the left.

“Immediately after takeoff, the right wing struck the ground,” said FAA spokesman Lynn Lunsford, adding that the landing gear collapsed after the jet hit the ground. The first wingtip scrape marks were found approximately 5,300 feet from the start of of the 13,000-foot runway, between Taxiways Delta and Echo. According to witnesses, the aircraft slid across the ground, issuing sparks and smoke, and caught fire while it was still moving, leaving scorched grass in its wake.

During its slide of nearly 4,000 feet, the jet struck several taxiway signs and lights as it crossed Taxiway Bravo and narrowly missed a line of out-of-service jetliners parked on the airport’s disused Runway 30. It then crossed the tower access road before coming to rest approximately 230 feet from the base of the control tower, noted Brian Powell, a division chief at the airport’s rescue and firefighting department. “It was just a fireball going toward the tower,” said Powell.

It took the airport fire and rescue crew more than 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze, which destroyed the aircraft’s fuselage. Killed in the crash were test pilots Kent Crenshaw and Vivan Ragusa and technical specialists David McCollum and Reece Ollenburg.

Flight Tests Delayed

Immediately after the accident, Gulfstream suspended flight-testing its remaining four G650s. “We are participating fully in the aircraft investigation, and will resume flying only when we and the FAA are satisfied it is safe to do so,” said Pres Henne, the Savannah-based airframer’s senior vice president of programs, engineering and test.

Jay Johnson, chairman and CEO of parent company General Dynamics, issued a statement expressing sympathy for the families of the crew, along with his faith in the program. “I am confident that as Gulfstream assists aviation authorities in the accident investigation, the cause of this terrible tragedy will be determined. We look forward to continuing the rigorous testing required to achieve flight certification of the aircraft.”The G650 program represents higher stakes for Gulfstream than usual, as the new flagship will be certified under an all-new type certificate. The last time the airframer (then Grumman) tackled an all-new certification program was for the GII in 1965; every Gulfstream large-cabin jet since has been certified as an amendment of the GII approval. At the time of the accident, the company had completed 1,500 hours of the 2,200-hour certification program, although Gulfstream declined to provide details regarding which tests remained on the program’s checklist. The company said that all other certification and production work related to the G650 is continuing, but it has not issued any statements regarding possible delays to the aircraft’s certification, which was anticipated to occur later this year in time for deliveries to begin next year.

Quelle

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 7. Mai 2011, 08:33

Nicht viel Neues, die Vorab-Berichte sind ja nicht sonderlich ausführlich (was natürlich gut ist, so muss man sich später nicht selbst widersprechen). Aber gut zu wissen, daß da zumindest einiges weitergeht und jeder kooperativ zu sein scheint.

Freitag, 20. Mai 2011, 17:59

Zitat

Although the April 2 crash of flight test G650 serial number 6002 has created some potential delays in the certification program, Gulfstream remains confident that the new large-cabin jet will achieve FAA approval by the end of this year. Gulfstream expects to deliver 12 green G650s by the end of this year and has orders for more than 200 of the ultra-large cabin, ultra-long-range jet.
“First and foremost, we’re taking care of the families,” said Pres Henne, senior vice president, programs, engineering and test, referring to the two pilots and two technical specialists killed in the G650 flight-test accident. “And we’re working with the NSTB [on the investigation]. They are responsible for announcing the causal factors. We’re working with the FAA on when we can safely resume flight testing. The accident occurred during a difficult test. This was an engine-out, low-speed, high-angle takeoff test. In the near-term, we’ll increase speeds a bit to get some margin,” he said.
“We feel confident about the design,” said Lombardo. “Whether there will be delays in certification, it’s most likely.”
Meanwhile, all other aspects of the G650 certification program remain on track, except for flight test. By the end of March, the flight-test fleet had logged 1,560 hours during more than 470 flights, toward an expected total of 2,000 hours. The entire performance envelope of the fly-by-wire G650 has been fully opened, Henne said. Highest altitude reached was 55,000 feet, maximum speed Mach 0.995 and longest flight 14 hours.
On the production line, G650 serial number 6009’s airframe is complete and 6010, 6011, 6012 and 6013 are in process. G650 fatigue test article F6 will be tested in the structural test hangar to 2.5 times the airframe life; one life cycle is 40,000 hours and 17,000 landings. Fatigue testing is ongoing, Henne said, and the G650 will have achieved more than the minimum 10 percent of the 40,000 cycles required at certification.
The G650 simulator has been delivered to the FlightSafety learning center in Savannah, Georgia, next to the Gulfstream factory, and FAA level-D certification of the simulator is expected in 2012.

Quelle!
Trotz der Tragödie um den Absturz des zweiten Prototypen geht es weiter. Und das anscheinend mit vollem Elan!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 6. Juni 2011, 21:12

Zitat

GULFSTREAM RESUMES G650 FLIGHT TESTING
SAVANNAH, Ga., May 28, 2011 — Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. has resumed the G650 flight-test program, following a temporary suspension of flying after an April 2 accident. The first flight since the accident took place May 28, with Serial Number 6001 flying for 1 hour and 39 minutes. The crew included senior experimental test pilots Jake Howard and Tom Horne and Flight Test Engineer Bill Osborne.
"We have conducted all the necessary reviews to assure ourselves that we can safely resume the flight-test program at this point," said Pres Henne, senior vice president, Programs, Engineering and Test, Gulfstream. "We have worked closely with the Federal Aviation Administration in this process and received the agency's concurrence to resume flight testing. It is our responsibility to move forward with the flight-test program, and we will do so in a safe and prudent manner. The G650 will enter service as the flagship of our product line, where it will represent the very best in business aviation technology."
To date, the G650 flight-test program has accomplished 470 flights, accumulating 1,560 hours towards the estimated 2,200 hours required for certification. Gulfstream resumed flying with the four remaining flight-test aircraft. The company still anticipates certification in 2011, with service entry in 2012, as was originally planned at the aircraft's public launch in 2008.
Gulfstream continues to cooperate with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) in its investigation.

Quelle!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 6. Juni 2011, 21:22

Schön dass den wieder "On air" ist :luxhello:

Montag, 4. Juli 2011, 16:09

Zitat

Gulfstream has resumed test flying its G650, and two of the aircraft are now flying as part of the flight-test program. The program was suspended after the fatal April crash of one of the aircraft engaged in certification test flights.Flight testing resumed at the end of May, when S/N 6001 restarted the flight-test regime with an interim restriction that temporarily increased V speeds and limited maximum angle of attack on takeoff . S/N 6004 rejoined the program two weeks later, on June 11.

At press time, the company expected the remaining two G650s to fly again soon as well. “We have conducted all the necessary reviews to assure ourselves that we can safely resume the flight-test program at this point,” said Pres Henne, Gulfstream’s senior vice president for programs, engineering and test. “We have worked closely with the FAA in this process and received the agency’s concurrence to resume flight testing. It is our responsibility to move forward with the flight-test program, and we will do so in a safe and prudent manner.”

S/N 6002 crashed at Roswell International Air Center Airport on April 2, while conducting a low-speed, high-angle takeoff test with a simulated engine failure. The flight-test aircraft was equipped with a telemetry downlink, which–along with the cockpit voice and data recorders–likely provided investigators with much information regarding the aircraft’s final flight.

While the flight-test fleet was grounded, Gulfstream made no modifications to any of the airframes other than the routine maintenance and software upgrades that would have been carried out in the course of the flight-test program.

At the time of the accident, the G650 flight-test program had accomplished 470 flights and accumulated more than 1,560 of the estimated 2,200 flights hours required for certification. Rather than add another aircraft to the test program, Gulfstream outfitted the remaining four test aircraft with additional instrumentation to complete the remaining scheduled tasks of S/N 6002, which was assigned to evaluate the aircraft’s systems as well as its takeoff and landing performance. According to Gulfstream, much has been accomplished in nearly every area of the test program, with the completion of speed and altitude calibration, flutter, powerplant and auxiliary power unit operations, fly-over noise, and water ingestion testing among others.

Quelle

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 12. August 2011, 06:50

Trotz dem Absturz des zweiten Prototypen liegt man im Zeitplan:

Zitat

GULFSTREAM G650 COMPLETES SEVERAL TESTING MILESTONES
Aircraft On Track For Certification In 2011, Deliveries in 2012

SAVANNAH, Ga., August 11, 2011 — Gulfstream Aerospace Corp.’s ultra-large-cabin, ultra-long-range G650 recently completed several flight-testing milestones en route to its anticipated type certification later this year by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
As of July 16, the four aircraft in the flight-test program had accumulated more than 1,760 hours over more than 535 flights.
"We're on track and moving steadily toward certification later this year," said Pres Henne, senior vice president, Programs, Engineering and Test, Gulfstream. "We've accomplished a great deal in the past two months. The aircraft continue to perform extremely well."
Aircraft Number 6004, the first Gulfstream test aircraft to have a fully outfitted interior, finished certification testing of the aircraft's water and waste systems, its traffic collision avoidance system (TCAS) and its enhanced ground proximity warning system (EGPWS). Aircraft Number 6003 has completed certification dry-air testing for the wing and cowl ice protection systems.
Additionally, the four flight-test aircraft accomplished several rounds of company testing in preparation for the FAA evaluations that are part of the certification process. Aircraft 6004 performed hydraulics overpressure testing and satellite communications testing. It also handled testing of the company's aircraft health and trend monitoring system.
The company tested the aircraft's hydraulics and brakes using Aircraft 6001, the first aircraft to join the flight-test program in 2009. Aircraft 6003 performed company tests of the environmental control system, cabin pressure control system and oxygen system.
The G650 offers the longest range at the fastest speed in its class. Powered by best-in-class Rolls-Royce BR725 engines, the business jet is capable of traveling 7,000 nautical miles (12,964 km) at Mach 0.85 and has a maximum operating speed of Mach 0.925.
Gulfstream announced the G650 program on March 13, 2008. On Sept. 29, 2009, the aircraft rolled out under its own power in front of a crowd of more than 7,000 people. It completed its first flight on Nov. 25, 2009, and remains on schedule for entry-into-service in 2012.

Quelle ist Gulfstream!

(Benjamin Franklin)