Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 3. Januar 2011, 21:47

Der Lightning Crash in Overberg, SA

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Zitat

Dave Stock said his final goodbyes, and rode the plane in!

Zitat

'I have ejector seat failure'
At first no one realised the seriousness of test pilot Dave Stock's predicament.
Just before noon yesterday thousands of spectators at the bi-annual Overberg Air Show at Bredasdorp had seen Stock take off in the valuable English Electric Lightning supersonic jet, one of four owned by Mike Beachy Head of Thunder City.
But after a few manoeuvres the jet appeared to be in trouble, and Stock flew to a holding area. Air force firetrucks rushed to the runway anticipating a crash landing.
Thousands of spectators watched as the jet flew east and many assumed Stock was releasing fuel to reduce the risk of fire when coming in to crash land.
The commentator announced Stock was having difficulties and the fire trucks were a precaution.
A few minutes later the commentator again announced the arrangements were precautionary. By then Stock was in serious trouble and was trying to eject. He tried three times. Then came his chilling last message: "I have ejector seat failure." The fatal crash followed.
Spectator Lance McIntosh said many people had not realised Stock was in serious difficulties.
"He circled wide, and was approaching the runway when I saw the jet diving and spiralling before it hit the ground."
Seconds later spectators felt a thud, and a huge fire ball was seen kilometres away, followed by plumes of smoke. The crowd went silent and some people were treated for shock.
Air force Oryx helicopters were dispatched to extinguish the flames, which spread to the veld.
Initially it was thought Stock had successfully ejected and an announcement was made to switch off cellphones as they were jamming the networks, which in turn was hampering the rescue party.
But then word spread of his desperate final message.
Stock, who test flew the first locally assembled Hawk fighter trainer aircraft, was a record holder who, with British tycoon Sir Richard Branson as a co-pilot, attempted to better his fighter jet speed record. In 2007 the show, held at Air Force Base Bredas-dorp, was awarded the best air show in the country by Aeroclub SA.
Industry insiders said it appeared the Lightning developed hydraulic problems and while burning off fuel it crashed.
There were reports that Stock had attempted to eject three times.
A spectator said: "He was flying level, dropped a bit in altitude, and then lost control and tumbled to the ground, where the aircraft exploded."
A shocked and emotional Beachy Head said yesterday he had lost a good friend.

Quelle!

Hut ab, vor einem Mann, der Angesichts des sicheren Todes derart reagierte.

R.I.P. Dave Stock!

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Viking01

Always Check six!

wcf.user.posts: 6 608

Beruf: Steuergelderausgeber a.D.

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 4. Januar 2011, 10:16

oh Mann, was für eine Tragödie...
Viele Grüße

If in doubt mumble, if in trouble delegate!
ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, 16GB DIMM DDR3, i7-3770 OC 4,0 GHz, GTX 680 2 GB

Dienstag, 4. Januar 2011, 15:52

oh Mann, was für eine Tragödie...

Das kann man laut sagen....... ;(

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Dienstag, 4. Januar 2011, 23:50

Zu Recht eine Legende der Luftfahrt.

| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it...

Freitag, 23. März 2012, 05:37

(Benjamin Franklin)

Donnerstag, 30. August 2012, 10:50

(Benjamin Franklin)