Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mittwoch, 23. September 2009, 21:02

RAF verlegt Eurofighter auf die Falkland Inseln

Zitat

Originally slated for October 2009, the replacement of the Tornado F3 aircraft deployed to RAF Mount Pleasant, Falklands Islands was brought forward to 12th September 2009 as part of the MODs accelerated effort to withdraw the Tornado F3 from service.

Four Block 8 Typhoons will replace the four Tornado F3s currently assigned to RAF 1435 Flight. I expect the choice to use Block 8 airframes is to maximise the time they can be away from the UK before they need to return for a major service or upgrade. This did cause a problem with airframe selection though. The RAF only have 10 Block 8 airframes, with two being assigned to 17(R) Squadron who require the latest build for the type of work they do, that only leaves 8 airframes. Of those, 2 were only delivered in mid to late August, giving very little time to iron out any issues.
With a distance of about 8000 miles to cover the RAF covers itself for an airframe becoming unserviceable by sending an extra aircraft. Called an air spare, it's job is to fly with the other aircraft until they are sure there isn't any technical problem with the others. At this point it will return to its base, allowing the other four to continue on.

Carrying out the work up and delivery of the Typhoons is Number 3(F) Squadron.

With such a distance to cover the Typhoon requires air to air refueling. This was provided by a RAF Tristar and two VC-10s (which were also carrying freight) flying as ASCOT 9201.

Quelle

8000 NM im Sitz drin.Wow, das ist selbst mit Zwischenstopps der Hammer...... :shocked:

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011, 22:53

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)