Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 7. Januar 2011, 17:34

Pilot Report Dassault Falcon 900 LX- Ein Tri- Jet

Nachdem der Pilot Report der Falcon 2000 LXso nen guten Anklang gefunden hat, gibts hier gleich den Pilot Report für die große Schwester, die 900 LX, welche eine Weiterentwicklung der 900 EX ist.
Viel Spaß beim Anschauen und Lesen. :bier:

Zitat

Pilot Report: Dassault Falcon 900LX

By: Robert P. Mark
January 1, 2011
Business Aviation Aircraft

Winglets boost range to 4,750 nm, and this newest edition of Dassault’s enduring trijet remains every inch a Falcon

From a distance, the exterior of the Dassault Falcon 900LX–F-WWFB–reminded me of a lady caught without her makeup when I saw her sitting on the ramp outside Epps Aviation at Atlanta’s Peachtree Airport (PDK). The LX had just completed the ferry flight from the Merignac, France assembly facility in time for NBAA 2010’s static display and was still painted pewter gray with odd patches of the green primer that adorns jets when they arrive at the paint shop. My goal this sunny afternoon was to put the 50,000-pound aircraft through its paces to learn how it compared to the earlier Falcon 900EX.

The 900LX’s winglets–the same ones used on the 2000LX–are the only noticeable difference between the LX and EX and allow the new Falcon to fly 4,750 nm (about 5 percent farther than a standard equipped 900EX and 12.5 percent farther than the earlier 900DX). Maximum takeoff weight of the LX remains at 49,200 pounds. After July, though, the decision on which 900 to purchase was made easy, since arrival of the LX means the end of the production line for the 900EX.

Like earlier 900 variants, the LX offers operators significant flexibility in load-carrying capacity, range and short-field capabilities. The ability to get a 900LX into and out of short runways, for instance, is enhanced because its single centerline thrust reverser sits high above the ground, allowing reverse power to be maintained right up to a full stop. Most other jets require closing the reverser buckets by 50 to 60 knots to avoid sucking FOD into the engine. The heated rear baggage compartment–accessible in flight–stores up to 127 cu ft or just shy of a ton-and-a-half of cargo. The outside cargo door incorporates a step, and Dassault claims one person can load everything. Years of sore shoulders, though, tell me that I’d ask a line person or the other pilot for help before lifting big bags almost to shoulder height for storage (why not a little internal pulley system to ease the lifting of big articles?). Cabin height and width on the 900LX are of course in line with other Falcon models at 6 ft 2 in and 7 ft 8 in, respectively. The 900LX cabin is 33 ft 2 in long, approximately six feet shorter than the 7X’s.

Powerplants on all versions of the 900 have remained unchanged, with three Honeywell TFE731-60s producing 5,000 pounds of thrust each. Dassault is the only manufacturer to offer the seemingly more thirsty three-engined aircraft in favor of the reliability of that extra powerplant, as well as the added performance from short or high runways. Like all other Falcons, the 900LX uses Honeywell Primus avionics as the base platform for the EASy cockpit avionics, featuring four 14.1-inch flat-panel LCD screens and a cursor control device–the aircraft trackball–system now standard on most business jets.

The Flight
More perfect first-flight weather could not have been had in mid October–clear and 20–as I began the preflight of “WFB” with Dassault Merignac chief pilot Frédéric Lascourréges at my side. To be fair to 900LX competitors, the “green” interior-free aircraft I flew at NBAA was extremely light with a 24,000-pound basic operating weight. A standard-equipped 900LX BOW should end up closer to 26,500 pounds. Even with our planned 9,400-pound fuel load, the airplane still weighed in 15,500 pounds below mtow. This means the standard 900LX will carry a substantial load from London City (LCY)–all Falcons are LCY qualified–with enough fuel to make Gander nonstop.

A pre-flight walk around the LX is quick since there’s little protruding into the slipstream other than temperature and airspeed probes. After making sure all external doors are locked and that no critters have crawled into the landing-gear wells, it was time to climb in to the left seat, a maneuver made easier since both seats slide back from the panel and then outboard with a reverse process to prepare for flight. I still appreciate the fact that there are aircraft of this category that employ an opening side window for a little fresh air in the cockpit if the systems are shut down. Just remember though–I didn’t–that no amount of pulling will open the thing if the cockpit air is running and adding pressure to the cabin. Pre-start checks include little more than a warning-light test, flip on the APU master and start the APU. Once the APU generator draw drops below 300 amps, all systems can be powered up. A confirmation of the aircraft position to the FMS and we were ready to start the engines.

Since this is still a Falcon 900, engine startup has not changed and we were quickly ready to head toward runway 20L at PDK, except for a brief stop on the taxiway while a Gulfstream carrying the Dalai Lama crossed in front of us on its way to Signature Flight Support. At this weight and even at idle, releasing the brakes meant the 900LX accelerated on the taxiway like an airplane that really did want to fly. Looking back now, I should have tried pulling the reverser open on the taxiway just to see how that might have affected taxi speed when the aircraft is light. We planned this as a slats/flaps 2 takeoff, and I checked out the left window to verify that the leading-edge devices had fallen into place. There’s also a confirmation graphic on the left side of the PFD. At this weight, the system calculated a V1 of 99 knots, Vr and V2 of 112, and a flap retract speed of 137. If we needed to come back due to some emergency, we briefed that I would fly the aircraft and Frederic would run the checklists. Our return ref speed would be 119 knots. It was here that Frederic mentioned that relatively heavy takeoffs–even considering second segment climb restrictions–are a breeze on this trijet, even out of La Paz, Bolivia, where the field elevation is 13,300 feet.

A Gallic Rocket
With dual Fadecs, the three thrust levers could go forward to the stops, upon which the 900LX accelerated quickly. We were airborne in less than half of PDK’s 6,000-foot runway and with a mere 10-degree nose-up pitch in the climb, it was tough holding the speed down until 10,000 feet. Steeper than that, though, would have made visibility difficult in one of the world’s busiest terminal areas. After that the aircraft was a rocket, with the VSI showing about 3,500 fpm at 250 kias. With a few ATC restrictions, we leveled at FL 200 in seven minutes and the nice folks on the east side of ATL Center’s airspace said we could do pretty much anything we wanted once we cleared the arrival airspace near Colliers VOR, where I set up for steep turns to test handling. I helped with some culture shock as Frederic the Frenchman occasionally struggled to understand what the center controller, with a deep Georgia accent, was trying to tell us, jumping into the mix occasionally to assist with the translation–both ways.

Given a chance, as in these steep turns, all Falcons demonstrate their fighter aircraft heritage. In a 50-degree bank at 260 knots and even with the “bank angle” warning sounding in the background, the pilot can easily trim the LX to fly hands off. I tried the same thing at FL 350 just to be sure there were no differences up high, as well as at a lower airspeed to feel the differences. Like any aircraft, the LX is a little heavier in the turns at lower speeds, a characteristic that I also noticed a bit later in the VFR circuit back at PDK.

I was hand-flying the 900 back to PDK, descending through FL 310, when ATC asked for a rapid descent. My instructor nodded and I complied with flight idle, nose-down trim set at an exciting 15 degrees and speed brakes at two. The rate of descent was about 11,000 fpm at 300 knots indicated with the pressurization coping easily. Speed-brake vibration was minimal, meaning that in the clouds the folks in back would never know what was happening. The only thing I really did not like during the flight was the 900LX’s altitude alerter. I realize it has been around in this format for a while, but it simply yells “altitude” when you’re within 1,000 feet of what is set in the alerter. Every time it sounded, I thought I’d already blown past the selected altitude.

The first approach was a coupled ILS back to 20L. Our landing weight was just over 31,000 pounds, giving us a ref speed of 114, about what I’d expect in the Hawker 800 I used to fly. The FMS calculated we’d need 2,700 feet to bring the aircraft to a full stop, but in fact we planned to turn the approach into a touch-and-go and remain VFR in the pattern. The autopilot performed well, and at minimums I popped it off to complete the landing. I was a few knots above ref as I crossed the threshold and felt the 900 floated a bit that first time before touchdown. Just after I lowered the nose to the ground, I pushed the thrust levers forward to the stop, waited for the three Honeywell fans to spool up and in what seemed like no time we found ourselves in the traffic pattern again for 20L. This time I pulled the center engine to idle and completed the approach on two. The difference between two and three engines was not noticeable, although performing the exercise at this weight wasn’t the most effective demonstration. I found the 900LX a tad heavy in roll at traffic-pattern speeds of 140 knots or so. I went to idle thrust at 50 feet, but was on ref speed this time and the airplane had no tendency to float.

Unfortunately, we were out of time for any additional local flying, which also meant no opportunity to gauge the long legs of the 900LX. On the crossing from France, the ferry pilots’ data records noted airspeeds as high as Mach 0.83 at altitudes as high as FL430. Having left the factory in France with 18,000 pounds of fuel, they landed eight hours later at TEB with 4,000 pounds remaining. From my first experience flying Falcons–admittedly the 7X was a great model in which to begin a few years ago at Le Bourget–I’ve heard a drum beat of chatter about how Dassault builds its aircraft, designed in part and tested by fighter pilots. No other manufacturer can claim the experience of transferring to its business jets the knowledge gained while building fighters of the caliber of the Mirage or Rafale. The Falcon 7X is, of course, the first fly-by-wire purpose-built business jet.

Years ago while flying a competitor aircraft, I used to listen to a crusty old maintenance chief wishing, day after day, to replace our then current aircraft with a Falcon. For many in business aviation, that same wish list persists today. After a flight of only an hour-and-a-half, it was clear to me the winglet-equipped 900LX is a worthy successor to the 900EX.

Quelle ist AINonline!

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 7. Januar 2011, 18:11

Also diese neuen Winglets gefallen mir richtig gut...sehen an der neuen 2000er schon cool aus! :luxhello:
Gruß, Christian :thumbup:

Apple MacBook Pro (Mid2010)

"Die meisten Zitate aus dem Internet sind falsch!"
(Aristoteles)

Freitag, 7. Januar 2011, 18:35

Der Pilot Report als PDF mit Bilder. Nett zum Ausdrucken.

@Christian: 250 nm mehr. Das ist ne Hausnummer, wenn man bedenkt, daß es manchmal über den Teich knapp werden kann, Ost-->West gesehen....

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 7. Januar 2011, 19:13

Jo, gerade auf Langstrecke machen sich die "Ohren" bemerkbar. :yes:
Gruß, Christian :thumbup:

Apple MacBook Pro (Mid2010)

"Die meisten Zitate aus dem Internet sind falsch!"
(Aristoteles)

Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011, 01:08

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011, 01:18

DAS ist mal ein GEILES Cockpitdesign. :umfall:
Erinnert mich an meinen Honda.

Die Quelle ist Honda.de
http://www.honda.de/content/automobile/modelle_civic.php
...runter kommen SIE ALLE

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mischi« (9. Januar 2011, 01:48)

Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011, 01:23

He pssst: Mischi, ne Quellenangabe fürs Bild wäre echt nett.... :yes: :winke:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011, 01:50

@mischi: :thx:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 28. Februar 2011, 15:29

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Dienstag, 1. März 2011, 12:11

Jetzt ist die Avionic komplett und hat gleichgezogen mit Gulfstream und hat Bombardier bis zum Erscheinen des Global Vision überholt....
Die Zulassung gilt auch für die 2000LX, die 900 DX und die 7X!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 28. März 2011, 13:51

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

EGNOS- Info!

Man sieht auch in diesem Video auch ganz gut, daß man ohne FD fliegt, und dafür nen FPI ( flight path indicator) hat. Der FD ist zwar auch vorhanden, aber in dieser Philosophie´erst mal sekundär. Man legt den FPI auf den Punkt drauf, wo man landen will.

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 3. Juni 2011, 07:18

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Nettes Feature, daß die verbleibende Bahn angesagt wird......

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 14. August 2011, 12:49

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 20. August 2011, 01:29

Bis auf die Winglets und ein paar nicht sichtbarte Details sind die EX und LX identisch.....

Bis auf die Winglets und ein paar nicht sichtbarte Details sind die EX und LX identisch....

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 20. August 2011, 10:16

Hab mir gerade noch mal das letzte Video angeschaut....

Die Herren lassen es ganz schön im approach krachen......( etwa bei 01:20), da meckert bereits die overspeed warning........

370 KIAS...... :huh: :yes: :thumbup:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 13. November 2011, 20:46

Die hier ist zwar ne ältere EX, aber die Power ist die Gleiche....

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 12. März 2012, 14:37

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Mittwoch, 14. März 2012, 18:40

Quelle des Pilot Reports und der Grafik ist das Flying Magazine, wo im kompletten Text seh ausführlich auf die Systeme und das Design eingegangen wird.

Zitat

Falcon in Flight
It was a beautiful if chilly winter day at Dassault Falcon Jet’s Teterboro headquarters on the day of my flight in the 900LX. The plan called for a long round-robin flight up through the Hudson Valley and west toward Syracuse and then a stop at Stewart, New York, for some pattern work before heading back home again. The out-and-back trip would take around an hour and a half and would give me the opportunity to see the 900LX’s performance in a number of interesting flight regimes. Falcon Jet Capt. Paul Hansen was in the right seat and Dassault avionics expert and pilot training director Woody Saland was in back.
The 900LX is a tiller airplane, and it handles responsively and predictably on the ground, though it does take a bit to get used to how carefully you need to manipulate the control when taxiing. A little tiller goes a long way.
On takeoff I stood the power levers up (being sure to grab a handful of levers) and waited two beats for the beast to come alive. The 900LX requires tiller until 80 knots, which happens in a hurry with 15,000 pounds of total thrust on a sub-50,000-pound airplane. V1 and rotation speed come fast. The 900LX needs just 5,101 feet for a sea level max-weight takeoff, this for an airplane that, if we’d carried full fuel, could have proceeded to fly nonstop to Paris from there.
We, however, were light for a short flight and were, consequently, off the ground in a hurry and climbing fast. I had to come back on the power just moments after commanding “flaps up” in order to keep the speed down for our level-off at 2,000 feet. Learning to effectively use the trim, which runs in a leisurely fashion, requires some practice and some foresight. The autothrottles too come in very handy, because they remember (if you forget) to pull the power back, saving the pilot a possible bust for an airspeed and/or altitude deviation.
After our level-off and a few short vectors, we were quickly cleared up to Flight Level 200 and then all the way up to 34,000 feet. I hand-flew the airplane up to 180 and was delighted by its handling, the tight, precise control feel with exactly the right amount of force required for roll inputs at low and higher speeds. Falcons are much beloved by the pilots who fly them for a living for their honest and responsive flying manners. They also love the workplace. With infinitely adjustable seats, award-winning ergonomics and dual-zone environments, the cockpit is easy to love.
After cruising west for a while and consistently getting slightly better than book values on airspeed, climb and fuel consumption (another vaunted 900LX trait), we turned around and headed to Stewart (KSWF) to do some landings. Improved vertical nav capability on the FMS is part of the EASy II package, and with a little help from Paul, I was able to program in our crossing altitudes. As we descended below 10,000 feet using speedbrakes and the autothrottles while selecting the ATC-assigned airspeed, the synthetic vision showed its value. There, clearly depicted in living color, were the peaks of the Catskills, color-coded, no less, to show just how much threat, if any, they posed to the flight.
On downwind for Runway 9 at SWF, the HUD showed its value, allowing me to fly an ATP-quality pattern on my first try in the airplane. I know from experience that, without the HUD, I wouldn’t have been close. It’s also great for approach, since it shows the airspeed — our Vref was 110 knots — altitude and glideslope, allowing me, once again, to fly far better than I would have been able to, at least that day, without the HUD. Another improvement on EASy II is its conformity with the primary display, so when you look down at the flight display, the layout of the symbols and tapes are identical to what you were seeing on the HUD.
Like all current Falcons, the 900LX features leading-edge slats coupled with the flaps, making descents all the easier. And with an approach speed of 110 knots that day, it would have been easy to get stopped in about a third of the available runway had we not elected to do a touch-and-go on the remaining 9,000 feet.
After a couple of approaches at Stewart, we headed back to TEB for a full stop and a debriefing.
With the Falcon 900LX, Dassault has proved that its original mid-1970s three-engine design was indeed years ahead of its time, as the company has always proudly insisted. With the addition of winglets (as well as the added range they bring) and the impressively capable EASy II cockpit, the 900LX has re-established itself as a formidable competitor in the large-cabin market.

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 20. April 2012, 06:03

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 18. Mai 2012, 16:54

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 5. August 2012, 21:49

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 10. August 2012, 12:55

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 2. November 2012, 21:19

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 12:53

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 08:03

Nummer 500 der Falcon 900 Serie steht vor Auslieferung!

Zitat

Dassault set to deliver 500th Falcon 900
Oct 31, 2012
ORLANDO, Florida - Dassault Falcon's 500th Falcon 900, a Falcon 900LX, is in final assembly in Bordeaux-Merignac (France), marking yet another significant milestone for one of the world's most popular families of business jets.
This Falcon 900LX, which will initially serve as a demonstration aircraft, is scheduled to be handed over in early summer 2013. 20 Falcon 900LXs have been delivered since the latest version of the storied large cabin tri-jet line was certified in July 2010.
Originally conceived in the 1980s, the Falcon 900 was the first - and remains - the only airplane in its class with a three-engine design, which offers unmatched airport performance and margins of safety, especially on long, over-water flights.
The Falcon 900 features a comfortable cabin width of seven feet eight inches and a cabin height of six feet two inches. Standard layout permits three seating areas and a large baggage compartment accessible while in-flight. The roomy proportions of its cross section became so popular it was adopted on the Falcon 2000 family and the all-new Falcon 7X.
"The Falcon 900 family has thrived for so many years because of its versatility, comfort, performance and fuel efficiency," said John Rosanvallon, President and CEO of Dassault Falcon. "The interior has always been highly regarded as one the most spacious and comfortable in its class."
Since its first flight in September 1984, the Falcon 900 has accumulated over 2.6 million flight hours.

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 5. Mai 2013, 22:06

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2013, 17:46

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 13. Juli 2014, 09:08

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015, 09:53

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015, 16:59

Hallo Freunde,
ich habe nichts zum Thema zu sagen, aber weiß jemand, warum ich die youtube bilder oder Videos hier nicht sehen kann, sondern nur die Meldung bekomme:
"ein Plugin wird benötigt, um diese Inhalte darzustellen"

Ich verwende als Browser Firefox und habe sonst keine Probleme mit Youtube?? ?(

Edit: Wenn ich links oben auf das Filmzeichen (links neben dem You Tube Text) klicke, kann ich den Film in Youtube aufrufen ?(
happy landings wünscht

Christian :winke:

Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB physischer Speicher (4x4)
Grafikk. MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB; WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Flattermann« (21. Mai 2015, 17:03)