Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 7. Januar 2011, 22:05

Pilot Report Gulfstream G550

Zitat

The G550 was certified on schedule last fall and entered service before the end of the year. Not long before the airplane was certified, Gulfstream offered me a chance to fly it on an actual test flight. The cockpit was complete, but the cabin space was unfinished and stuffed with flight test engineers and their monitoring and recording equipment.
You have to be a Gulfstream expert to tell the difference between a GV and G550 on the ramp. Counting seven windows is the surest way to know that you are looking at the flagship of the fleet. The redesigned trailing edges of the wing, recontoured engine pylons, and many other drag reduction changes take a close look and trained eye to spot.
But when you step into the cockpit, there is no mistaking the G550 for any other airplane. The PlaneView system is unique to Gulfstream and is the product of years of expert pilot input and testing to establish what the company believes is the optimum way to present a wealth of information to the flight crew.
It takes weeks at FlightSafety International to earn a G550 type rating, which is the same as the GV, so it is impossible to explain even a tiny minority of what PlaneView can do. I think that probably the most important difference is that the sheer size of the displays allows Plane-View to open windows so that flight, navigation, safety and system data can be shown as each pilot wants it without being obscured by other information.

The display window is one-sixth the size of the entire display, and can, of course, be opened as one-third, or two-thirds, as well as one-sixth. The primary flight display (PFD) information will not be smaller than two-thirds of each outboard display, but the remaining third can be used to show anything from the wheel brake status page to traffic alerts to engine operation, and so on. The two multifunction displays in the middle can be used to show a massive moving map display of terrain and flight guidance, or can be windowed to show everything from the opened or closed status of every door and hatch on the airplane to real time flight control positions.

Gulfstream retained the display controllers mounted in front of each pilot in the glareshield that are used to manage most display modes as they are on the GIV and GV. But the cursor controls can also be used to click on menus to control many PlaneView functions.
Gulfstream test pilots devoted countless hours to testing and redesigning the cockpit cursor controls. Track balls, all types of computer mouse controls, joysticks and other computer devices were all put to the test in Gulfstream's engineering simulator, and in flight. But no off-the-shelf computer control satisfied the test pilots, so they developed their own cursor control that resembles a pistol grip. There is a trigger switch, a thumb switch to move the cursor up and down, and left and right, a series of buttons to move the cursor from screen to screen and perform other tasks. There is also a wheel that falls naturally to your thumb to scroll items on the screens.
The Gulfstream cursor controls are built into the outboard armrest so your forearm is supported and your hand rests naturally on the control handle. Your thumb and index finger do the work, leaving the other fingers and the palm of your hand to stabilize operations in turbulence. Using your outboard hand to operate the cursor is intuitive from either seat in the cockpit, just as using the electric pitch trim switch on the outboard side of the yoke is. Other airplane manufacturers are devising their own methods of controlling a cursor on advanced avionics, but the ease of use and precision under all flight conditions of the Gulfstream control is going to be hard to beat.
Gulfstream has offered a HUD for several years and certified its EVS infrared system more than a year ago, but both systems are improved in the G550. One important change is to the HUD itself, which now, thanks to some remote electronics, occupies less space in the cockpit ceiling. The display glass is the same size, but the big bulge in the headliner is gone. There is also a head-down display that shows the copilot the same EVS view that the captain can see on the combiner glass so the copilot can monitor both the conventional flight instruments and the EVS view during an approach.
For our test flight, 16,000 out of a capacity of 41,300 pounds of fuel were loaded in the wings. With pilots and flight test engineers and their equipment, gross weight for takeoff was 62,383 pounds. Maximum takeoff weight in the G550 is 91,000 pounds, and with the tanks full a typical G550 will have 1,800 pounds of payload available for passengers and their baggage. That is considerably more payload than in a typical GV, thanks to a lower empty weight in the G550 before the interior is installed.
The G550 requires very little runway for an airplane of such size and range. At maximum takeoff weight on a standard day, only 5,910 feet of pavement are required, and remember, that is fueled for a trip from say, New York to Bahrain, or London to Buenos Aires. Fueled for a short hop of say New York to Los Angeles, runway requirements can be less than 3,500 feet.
Climb performance is equally impressive, as the G550 will climb directly to 41,000 feet after a maximum weight takeoff, and can be at its ceiling of 51,000 feet with fuel for mere transcontinental trips. A maximum cabin pressure differential of 10.2 psi keeps the cabin altitude at or below 6,000 feet while most other jet cabins can climb as high at 8,000 feet. On trips over 10 hours you can really feel the difference a lower cabin makes.
The first item on the flight test card was to fly the G550 to the stall barrier stick pusher in various configurations to make sure the pusher was firing at the proper angle of attack. The big jet is mild mannered in all configurations. Another test point was to turn off one of the Honeywell laser gyro inertial navigation systems and make sure it could re-align itself in flight. The unit was back up to attitude and heading reference quality in a short time and in just a few minutes had found itself and was back producing accurate and independent navigation guidance.
There were thunderstorms to dodge, and it was revealing to see the weather radar returns overlaid on such a variety of maps and other nav information on the PlaneView displays. We weaved our way between the storms to Asheville, North Carolina, for an approach using only the EVS infrared picture on the HUD. The high terrain, airport environment, and details of the runway are all clearly shown in that green glowing image on the HUD, and it's a piece of cake to land without ever seeing the actual runway, but that would be illegal. The HUD and EVS are approved to continue down to 100 feet below normal Category I ILS minimums, at which point you must see the actual approach or runway lights to continue.
Flying around the North Carolina mountains emphasized the layers of protection the PlaneView system offers pilots and passengers in a G550. First, the terrain warning system is comparing our position and flight path to the known elevation of terrain stored in its memory. You can see an artificial topographical map on the PlaneView showing the height of terrain relative to your flight path. Get too close and a voice calls out a warning and shows you the best escape route on the display. And if you somehow fail to notice that warning, EVS looks through darkness and clouds to show you a picture of the terrain on the HUD. And if cabin pressure were ever lost, the autopilot system retards the power and automatically rolls the G550 into an emergency descent and levels off at a breathable altitude, giving an incapacitated crew time to recover.
On our return to Savannah the PlaneView system proved its worth for real. A thunderstorm was just west of the airport moving east. We were landing on Runway 27. The tower controller said the storm had not yet reached the airport, but it was close. On the PlaneView displays we could see the edge of the radar return overlaid on the interactive navigation map (I-NAV) and see that the storm had not yet reached our runway. Gulfstream test pilot Tom Horne and I discussed which way to turn if we had to go around, but with the autothrottles nailing the target airspeed and the wind shear warning system looking for trouble, it made perfect sense to continue the approach and land.
With its enormous 93.5-foot wingspan, the G550 touches down softly in ground effect. As the main landing gear wheels spin up the big ground spoilers automatically deploy to keep you on the pavement. And then comes the second landing, which is somewhat more challenging than the first. All Gulfstreams land in a quite nose-high attitude, but the extra length of the GV/G550 fuselage means the nosewheel is way up in the air as the mains touch and start rolling, and that's when you make the second landing by pulling back to keep the nosewheel from banging down. Getting a soft nosewheel touchdown is what separates the Gulfstream pros from the guys like me who only get to fly them occasionally.
The G550 is the latest example of how Gulfstream stays on top. The most obvious feature is the exotic PlaneView cockpit. But the almost invisible changes that lowered the drag, increased the range and save fuel on any length trip are also crucial. And selecting the optimum engine is vital. Consider how Gulfstream has effectively controlled weight to provide more payload while most airplanes gain weight as they mature. Gulfstream gives the G550 a greater interior completion weight allowance, industry leading support, and it is easy to see why Gulfstream remains the leader in large-cabin business jets.

Quelle des vollständigen Textes!

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 8. Januar 2011, 15:21

Impressionen:

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.."
(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 8. Januar 2011, 16:58

Langsam könnten diese Sabberanfälle chronisch werden, hör auf damit :lol:
Die Gulf ist der absolute Traum praktisch jeden Biz-Kutschers, aber nur die wenigsten haben das Glück bzw das Privileg...
Soweit ich weiß ist die 550 das derzeit teuerste Typerating im zivilen Bereich überhaupt.
| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it...

Samstag, 8. Januar 2011, 17:34

Wieviel muß man denn anlegen??
Der Kurs wird sicher bei FlghtSafety sein, oder bei Simuflite??

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 8. Januar 2011, 23:08

FlightSafety soweit ich weiß. Und der letzte Betrag laut Hörensagen belief sich auf 58k USD fürs Initial... :shocked:
Aber ich werd mal sehen, ob ich da harte Fakten an Land ziehen kann.
| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011, 14:38

Das nenne ich mal ne Hausnummer. Geht da soviel Zeit drauf, bis man das Planeview beherrscht?? Oder an was liegt das??

(Benjamin Franklin)

Mittwoch, 16. März 2011, 19:56

Martin, die Serviette bitte bereitlegen

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Mittwoch, 16. März 2011, 22:17

Danke, jetzt hängt mein Kopf wieder so nach Hinten wie der von Homer Simpson... :pinch:

Donnerstag, 17. März 2011, 04:37

786 hrs TTAF und 275 cycles. Der Schlitten ist nahezu neu.......KLICK!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Donnerstag, 17. März 2011, 06:57

Na dann weiß ich schon, wofür das Jahr das Urlaubsgeld draufgeht... :rolleyes:

Freitag, 18. März 2011, 11:34

Hast du das schon bekommen?? :weg:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 20. März 2011, 23:37

Nope, leider nicht. Der Geldsegen in ausreichendem Maße für eine Gulf will und will einfach nicht über mich hereinbrechen... ;)

Sonntag, 20. März 2011, 23:44

Ich würde es dir gönnen...... :yes: :bier:

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 20. März 2011, 23:48

Ich mir auch! :lol:
:weg:

Montag, 2. Mai 2011, 18:14

Schöner Paint- Job

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Montag, 9. Mai 2011, 16:32

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Dienstag, 10. Mai 2011, 21:32

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Dienstag, 24. Mai 2011, 23:22

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2011, 07:38

BMW soll wohl auch noch eine G550 dazu bekommen... es lebe der Werkverkehr! :yes:
Gruß, Christian :thumbup:

Apple MacBook Pro (Mid2010)

"Die meisten Zitate aus dem Internet sind falsch!"
(Aristoteles)

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2011, 09:18

Das find ich spannend. Da hätt ich doch eher drauf getippt, daß die sich was französisches holen. VW hat doch auch seine 7X. Und Gulfs sind zwar über die Maßen geil, aber der Trend geht momentan eher zu den Globals auf der Langstrecke soweit man dem Hörensagen der Szene trauen darf. Dennoch, gute Entscheidung von BMW. Gulfstream ist halt doch was seeeehr anständiges. :D

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2011, 11:36

es lebe der Werkverkehr!

Schau dir mal ein Flight Department an, was Werksverkehr fliegt, und dann nen Charter Operator....
Da gibts immense Unterschiede, nicht zuletzt beim Pflegezustand der Flieger......
Bei nem Unternehmen in STR, sprangen immer 4 bis 5 Leute um den Flieger, wenn er nach Hause kam. Dort war es üblich, daß zwei Leute unter die Flächen hechteten, um mit Eimer und Schwamm und Trockentuch die Felgen nach der Landung vom Bremsstaub zu reinigen. Und alle 4 bis 6 Wochen standen die Flieger auf der Waschplatte....... Und diese Hawkers standen immer da, wie aus dem Ei gepellt, besser wie manche Maschine, die frisch vom Werk kam....
Beim VW- Airbus war zu meiner Zeit auch immer das Tank- Panel immer schön geputzt. Kein Vergleich zur Linie, die dagegen schon fast schmuddelig wirkte.
Das find ich spannend. Da hätt ich doch eher drauf getippt, daß die sich was französisches holen. VW hat doch auch seine 7X. Und Gulfs sind zwar über die Maßen geil, aber der Trend geht momentan eher zu den Globals auf der Langstrecke soweit man dem Hörensagen der Szene trauen darf. Dennoch, gute Entscheidung von BMW. Gulfstream ist halt doch was seeeehr anständiges.

Bombardier hat ein breiter gefächertes Angebot von Klein bis ganz Groß. Da ist es sehr verlockend alles dort zu bestellen.
Gulf hatte auch den Makel, daß sie in Europa lange Zeit nicht kommerziell zu betreiben waren. Windrose war in Deutschland der erste Operator unter D-Registration....
Daimler hatte damals geplant, die Ver hier zu betreiben, die wurden aber ruck- zuck an PentaStar abgegeben, und dafür kam der erste Global mit D-Reg.....

(Benjamin Franklin)

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2011, 16:19

Also das mit dem Werkverkehr war meinerseits durchaus positiv gemeint...der Pflegezustand der Werkverkehr-Maschinen hat mich bis jetzt immer sehr beeindruckt...
Für mich gibt es da diverse Vorteile gegenüber dem Charter-Geschäft :yes:

(Aristoteles)

Montag, 6. Juni 2011, 21:10

Zitat

GULFSTREAM DELIVERS 300th G550

Taiwan’s Win Air To Manage Aircraft For Customer
SAVANNAH, Ga., June 3, 2011 — Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. recently delivered its 300th large-cabin, ultra-long-range Gulfstream G550 business jet. The aircraft was delivered to a Taiwanese customer and will be managed by pioneering Taiwan charter and aircraft management company Win Air.
Gulfstream celebrated the milestone at its Brunswick, Ga., service center, where the aircraft was outfitted. Gulfstream Brunswick employees and Win Air personnel attended.
“Win Air is the first company of its kind in Taiwan, and we are once again proud to do business with its president, David Fei, and his organization,” said Roger Sperry, Gulfstream regional senior vice president, International Sales, Gulfstream. “Win Air took delivery of a G550 last year, which was the first business jet to receive Taiwanese registration. Win Air knows the Gulfstream aircraft well and will be able to handle any questions or concerns its customer may have.”
Win Air, which started as a private flight department, earned its Air Operator Certificate (equivalent to Part 135 certification) from Taiwan’s Civil Aeronautics Administration in August 2010. The company operates two U.S.-registered aircraft, a Gulfstream G450 and a GIV, along with its two Taiwan-registered G550s.
The G550 along with its sister, the G500, were officially introduced Sept, 9, 2002, at the National Business Aviation Association convention in Orlando, Fla. The first G550 was delivered on Sept. 17, 2003. Later that year, the G550 development team was honored for its technological breakthrough with the National Aeronautic Association’s Robert J. Collier Trophy, the most prestigious aviation award in the U.S.
Powered by enhanced Rolls-Royce BR710 turbofan engines, the G550 has a range of 6,750 nm (12,501 km) at Mach 0.80 and a high-speed cruise capability of Mach 0.87. With its long legs, the G550 easily links Hong Kong with Los Angeles and Paris, and Tokyo with New York.
The G550 has a 12-month dispatch reliability rate of 99.87 percent. In addition, it has compiled 50 city-speed records, including one in February 2010. On Feb. 17, a G550 reached a top speed of 532.19 mph in a flight from London to Tokyo.
Win Air will take delivery of the first G650 to enter service in Taiwan. This aircraft, Gulfstream’s new flagship, will also be available for charter and offers the top speeds, longest range and most comfortable and productive cabin of any aircraft in the industry.
Win Air’s location, Taipei Songshan International Airport in downtown Taipei, is ideal for business travelers.

Quelle!

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 10. Juni 2011, 16:00

(Benjamin Franklin)

Freitag, 10. Juni 2011, 19:13

OMG, ich bin beinahe erotisch berührt... 8o :love2:

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011, 18:26

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011, 18:49

Dieses "Gnucken" nervt ein wenig, sonst ein hübsches Video! :flieger:

(Aristoteles)

Montag, 18. Juli 2011, 08:05

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Hier flog man über den Hurrikan Ike drüber
Die Maschine, die in dem obigen Video zu sehen ist, ist die spätere D-AJJK die in Deutschland bei Windrose Air fliegt. Hier während der Acceptance- Flüge trägt sie das Kennzeichen N291GA von Gulfstream
Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Samstag, 20. August 2011, 17:31

Forenberg.deVideoYouTube

(Benjamin Franklin)

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011, 13:52

(Benjamin Franklin)