Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Flugingenieur

Dritter im Cockpit

• »Flugingenieur« ist der Autor dieses Themas

wcf.user.posts: 1 531

Beruf: Student

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011, 16:13

FSAddon Ketchikan (PAKT) in Arbeit!

Hallo zusammen :tag:,

Francois Dumas, Eigentümer des Labels FSAddon, arbeitet eigenhändig an einem Add-On für den Flughafen von Ketchikan (PAKT), Alaska:

Zitat von »Francois Dumas«

Just to announce that I DID IT! I managed to beat the FSX Gremlins, master the Orbx Tricks, find their (and our) objects in the libraries, figure out how to use ADE (with help from Jon Masterson), learned how to use ModelConverterX (with help from Arno Gerretsen), made some headway with Google Sketchup and added my own photography skills.

The result is a much more realistic (halfway finished!) terminal at Ketchikan International than Orbx put up there (and yes, I know they are working on the same field now… surprise surprise ;-) ).
This is my first FSX project that I tackle myself, and I just wanted to make you part of my relief to have figured out a bunch of stuff over the past few weeks! More to come! [...]

[Quelle: FSAddon.eu]

Wer sich jetzt fragt, warum Francois an diesem Flugplatz arbeitet, obwohl doch von Orbx auch schon eine Umsetzung von PAKT angekündigt wurde, den dürfte folgendes interessieren:

Zitat von »Francois Dumas«

[Zuvor hatte ein User des Forums angemerkt, dass Orbx es Drittentwicklern verbieten, 3D-Objekte aus den Orbx-Libraries in ihre Produkte einzufügen.]

I'll only say something about that this ONCE ( I don't want to mis-use your nice forums).

Even if that is their rule, and I'm a stickler for rules in general, I am NOT sticking to that 'rule', for two reasons (actually three, but I won't mention the third *grin* ):

1) I cannot read whatever mr. Venema types on his site, because he banned me from day one. Reason why I am not visiting any of his sites anymore, obviously.

2) they use FSAddon objects in 'their' libraries as far as I can tell (when I disable Tongass Fjords, the Tongass objects on Orbx PAKT remain visible, miraculously)
(yes, copyright Bill Womack and others, publishing rights FSAddon Publishing).

And, for Tongass Fjords (and other projects), we explicitly ALLOW other designers and users to use the objects in 'placement mode'. Reason is that we're simmers ourselves and working in a hobby industry.
Not that we really HAVE to, because there isn't any legal precedent for their claim and mr. Venema has been watching too many Big Brother movies maybe.

So there..... expect a wonderful PAKT in future without any copyright infringements, and certainly for a lower price than anything the competition will come up with... free if need be, even.

[Quelle: Misty-Moorings-Forum]
mit Fliegergrüßen,
Jan / Flugingenieur

Coolermaster CM 690 II USB3 | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 650 W | msi Z77A-GD65 | Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4x 4,2 GHz | Scythe Mugen III | Kingston HyperX blu 8 GB RAM | Gainward GeForce GTX 670 Phantom 2048 MB | Samsung 830 SSD 128 GB [OS] | Samsung 830 SSD 256 GB [FS] | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD [Daten] | Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bits)