Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008, 23:17

TextureMaxLoad verbessert Texturnachladen

Hallo miteinander,

ich möchte hier auf einen neueren Artikel in HOVERCONTROL hinweisen, der behauptet, dass das Einfügen der Zeile:

TextureMaxLoad=10

in die [DISPLAY]-Sektion der fs9.cfg direkt unter dem TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT-Eintrag das Nachladen von Bodentexturen beschleunigt. Ich habe das getestet und bilde mir ein, dass es stimmt.

Was sagen unsere Experten dazu? Jürgen, Du warst in einem anderen Forum mal an so einem Thread beteiligt. Es wäre schön, wenn jemand etwas Kompetentes dazu sagen könnte.

Beste Grüße
Glocke

Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008, 23:33

RE: TextureMaxLoad verbessert Texturnachladen

Hallo Glocke.

Bin mir nicht sicher ob ich richtig liege, aber ich meine das geht
doch auch mit Flusi Fix oder ???

Gruß gesta. :opi:

Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008, 23:41

Nein, in FLUSIFIX V6.0 wird nur die Option zur Veränderung des Wertes von

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT

angeboten. Da soll man mit +/- 1200 herumexperimentieren.

Ich meine hier das Einfügen einer ganz neuen fs9.cfg-Zeile mit dem Eintrag TextureMaxLoad.

Glocke

Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008, 23:51

Zitat

Original von Glocke
Nein, in FLUSIFIX V6.0 wird nur die Option zur Veränderung des Wertes von

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT

angeboten. Da soll man mit +/- 1200 herumexperimentieren.

Ich meine hier das Einfügen einer ganz neuen fs9.cfg-Zeile mit dem Eintrag TextureMaxLoad.

Glocke

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, habe es vertanden, und werde es auch mal probieren.

gesta.

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 08:17

RE: TextureMaxLoad verbessert Texturnachladen

Morgen Glocke

Hier im alten FXP/WCM-Forum gab es das Thema schon mal, die beziehen sich dort auf einen Thread im Vista Australis Forum. Die haben es aus dem Blog von einem Steve Lacey, der mal bei ACES war ;)

Dieser Wert muss in Verbindung mit der Framerate ermittelt werden, er weist speziell darauf hin dass Framerate gelockt und in einem bestimmten Verhältnis runtergedreht werden muss :yes:

Ich zitiere mal das zitierte Zitat :silly: :lol:

Zitat

NOTE: THIS TWEAK IS NOT ONE FOUND ON FLIGHT SIM SITES. IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FS9.CFG FILE IS OR WHAT THE CONTENTS MEAN, DON’T MESS WITH THIS!

NOTE: IF YOUR NOT RUNNING A DECENT VIDEO CARD AND CPU/MOTHERBOARD.... FORGET THIS TWEAK, IT WILL GET YOU NO-WHERE

Ok gather around … I have a little treat for you tweakers.

Before I get into this I want you to understand that if you believe 40+ frames are necessary for smooth flight and great scenery – or- you believe running ‘unlimited’ on the frame lock and nothing else… this tweak is not for you and there is probably nothing I can do to convince you that your 7900GTX does not need to be locked @ or above 38-45FPS. (Note: the unlimited frame trick does work but NOT for most systems)

Understand that blurry textures and stutters come from both the same source -and-difference sources all at once. Assuming you have a good CLEAN system which you have tweaked and optimized so your not running all sorts of programs in startup and you have a good base to work from… try this:

The TEXTURE BANDWIDTH MULTIPLER is just that. It multiplies, just like it says.
The mystery is, what does it multiply? Well, it multiples loading a specified number of 256x256 ground textures (in file kb size depending on what ground textures you use) AND it calculates a load for the rendering engine to analyse based on the frame lock.

So the question is… where is that specified number?

Here it is:

TextureMaxLoad=X

Never seen that one? If you haven’t don’t be surprised because it is an Microsoft developers edit which is undocumented. The DEFAULT value when the line is not present in the FS9.cfg file, ... is “3”.

And the formula the system produces is:

TextureMaxLoad -MULTIPLED BY - TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT – DIVIDED BY – FRAME LOCK = X

Now that you know this, how does that help? Immensely!

Knowing that, I will go on to say the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT does NOT require a set number or to be a factor of anything. Although it is best this number remain a divisible by 20 the number used for the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is not set in stone and it is completely based on the system being tweaked.

Assuming you have a x800 (or fairly close) or greater performance type card, -and- a DECENT supporting motherboard/memory/CPU... AND your Flight Sim works good but it is not as smooth or does not display the scenery as well as you would like… or you just want to play and have some fun, try the following.

First, save a copy of your FS9.cfg file for safe keeping.

Next, open your FS9.cfg and edit the following

TextureMaxLoad =X

……directly under the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= entry in you cfg file.

I will make this easy and without going into allot of chatter… about testing and tweaking because I cannot possibly tweak these numbers without sitting in front of the system.

Start with these values:

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=100
TextureMaxLoad =10

YOUR FRAME LOCK MUST BE REDUCED OR THIS WON’T WORK.

For x800 – x1600 and comparable Nvidia cards, lock your frame @ 22
You read right… 22 (you might be able to nudge it up to 24 after its tweaked)
For x850xt and comparable Nvidia, lock it @ 25
For x1800 and comparable Nvidia cards, lock it @ 28
For x1900 and 7900GT – GTX, lock it @ 30
Set your PAN_RATE= to either 600 or 700 for any card (your choice)

For x800 – x850 x1600 and comparable Nvidia cards, disable SHADOWS in the sim. Others can test it to see how it does. The cards I mentioned can also test it but if you are not using a GOOD set of properly designed DX3 clouds such as found in FLIGHT Environment, I would leave shadows disabled. Test using "Building Storms" so you can judge the full load properly.

THIS TWEAK assumes you know how to correctly set up your video drivers and have all the FS9 SCENERY sliders maxed and all boxes checked (except shadows for those I mentioned above) and correctly set up your cloud sliders (60 -40 – 100 with Detailed Clouds and 100% maximum density) AA disabled in the sim and the rest of the display settings correct.

When you first boot … DON’T judge the tweak until you fly around for a bit. It will most likely need to be adjusted.

If you have blurry scenery most likely the frame lock is too high. ONLY drop it by 1 to test.

Also, I would NOT exceed 10 as the value for TextureMaxLoad =X Good values are (3 default) 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10… but it WILL go higher. If you experience stutters, DROP the
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= from 100 to 80.

Assuming the TextureMaxLoad = 5 or GREATER, I would not go any higher than 120 on the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT no matter WHAT you have learned in the past about that setting… most of which was the max value being 400.

You guys with the right video cards but slower systems may want to work with LOWER TextureMaxLoad values and HIGHER TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT values.

The idea is to find the spot where your ground textures load in a flash with no stutters when changing views over an area your flying in for the first time during a flight. With the extra time after that flash load the sim can start using the correct calculations to start sharpening and displaying them further away.

You will need to work with this setting.. It’s REALLY a gem once you learn how to CORRECTLY set up the FS9.cfg by understanding how the sim works.

This setting was brought to you by Steve Lacey, software developer and co-founder of SwitchGear Software who posted it almost a year ago but no one seemed to catch on over this past year. With the introduction of FSX, hidden settings will start to surface and be explained.

Lest Euch den alten Thread mal durch, einige meinen Erfolge sehen zu können, bei anderen verschlechtert es sich. Auch Jobia gibt seine Expertise dazu ab. Auch im AVSIM-Forum wurde darüber palavert : hier oder hier

Ich denke mal einen Versuch ist soetwas immer wert, natürlich nur wenn vorher die ursprüngliche FS9.cfg gesichert ist. Ich hatte bis jetzt keinen Bedarf weil meine Texturen für mich ausreichend schnell laden. Wer weiß ob dieser Tweak bei den heutigen schnellen CPU/GraKas noch von Relevanz ist udn eher für User mit älterer Hardware Auswirkungen hätte. :hm:

Aber wie gesagt, einen Versuch ist es allemal wert :yes:

:bier:
Gruß

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 09:38

Wurde irgendwo erwähnt obs das auch für den FSX gibt?
Und wie verhält sich dieser Tweak, wenn man seine Framerate auf Unlimited setzt?
Weil das gilt ja als eines der Must-Haves in der Config soweit man hört. :hm:
| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it...

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 12:07

Zitat

Original von mhe
Wurde irgendwo erwähnt obs das auch für den FSX gibt?
:hm:

Z.B. die Werte

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=512

oder

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

bestimmen Darstellungsqualität der Bodentextur-Tiles...

Ist übrigens im FSX eher keine Performanceschraube...

Gruß

Dirk
Gruß

Dirk 8)

Flusitechnisch nun in den Rentenstatus gewechselt

Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, 13:24

Gut zu wissen.
Ich bin nämlich der Meinung, dass Texturmässig da sehr viel mehr ginge, weil ich mal gemessen habe, wieviel Grafikspeicher wirklich verbraucht wird.
Und siehe da, es waren grade mal rund 220MB von den 768 die ich nutzen könnte.
Gibts irgendwelche Tweaks, um diese Ressource auszunützen?
Weil performancemässig könnts ja doch einiges bringen, mehr Texturen schon im Grafikspeicher aufzubewahren.
| Intel i7 5930K @4.25 Ghz | 32GB DDR4-3400 | Asus STRIX X99 Gaming | STRIX GTX 1080 SLI OC'd |
| Oculus Rift CV1 | TrackIR 5 | Slaw USAF Pedals | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Obutto r3volution |

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it...